Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi louz, Without doubt Icmeler is the place for you and your boyfriend. There are plenty of Bars and Restaurants and if you run out of those, then Marmaris is only a ten minute bus ride away !! As for the beach, there are parts that are nicer than others ie where the canal runs into the sea and at the Marmaris end or to the left if looking out to sea, this is known locally as Black Rock and there are cafes and restaurants all along the beach front should you be in need of a drink or snack. There is a Discussion running on Icmeler and should provide you with all the information you may need. Scroll down to Jan 11th to find the last posting. Good luck.

Les
Hi Louz

I have never been to Olu but the reports on this forum suggest that the beach there is lovely. Icmeler beach on the other hand I just do not like. Lots of shingle and stones.

Havng said that Icmeler itself is lovely plenty to do lots of fabulous restaurants, friendly locals.

If the beach is the main thing you are after on holiday, Olu sounds like the place you are after

Stewart
I would say Icmeler definitely.Its larger than Olu and has more bars etc.You can also go to Marmaris from here if you want more nightlife.The beach at Icmeler is shingle on the main part but if you walk over the canal bridge going towards Marmaris the beach is sandy and sea shallow.The main beach at Olu shelves quite steeply and the paragliders land on parts of this beach.The beach areas around the lagoon are sandy but Olu is a quieter resort than Icmeler.
i
would say icmeler too.ok the beaches are not great but at youre age i dont think you will be building sandcastles lol.why not try marmaris more for the younger ages i think . lots of late night ,and more lively than icmeler.icmeler is only a short dolomus ride away if you want a bit more relaxing resort,my daughters prefer marmaris weve stayed in both resorts but they jump on the bus everyday to visit our friends in ichmeler,xxx jan
have never been to Icmeler , but i would say Olu Deniz, the area is wonderful , so you can have a relaxing day at the beach and then by night you have Hisaronu, which is a short taxi ride away......... best of both worlds
hi

ive been to both resorts a few times, both are lovely and it really depends what your main priority as to which resort is more suitable,

olu the beaches, lagoon etc is much nicer than icmeler so is the scenery its gorgeous, also you dont get quite so much hassle, you also have hisaronu 5 mins away that has more bars, restaurants etc, so theres certainly plenty of bars etc to go to so dont worry about not being enough ,hisaronu is reasonably lively

icmeler is livelier and marmaris again about 5 mins is really busy and a lot more hassle, the choice of bars, shops etc is a lot more than olu, but the area and beach isnt as nice, the hassle isnt as bad as it used to be as they have been warned but you do still get it in this area

i like both resorts and visit both regularly but i do prefer olu deniz as its so pretty, sept is a good time to go too, but the choice is yours either one you will have a good holiday
olu is the jewel in the crown for turkey although Icmeler is very nice but as ellie said there are alot of positives and negatives for both resorts its all down to what you require from a holiday, but in truth not many people only vist turkey the once as reading this forum suggests it is very moreish that most people return year after year :lol:
Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions, everyone on this forum is always so helpful...

thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.