Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
everyone has their personal preferences. having been to both resorts a few times i like them both, but olu wins slightly in my opinion mainly cos the views are nicer and its slightly less hassle and quieter. the lagoon is gorgeous. icmeler is a bit livelier and bigger, so it really depends on what your preferences are you wont be disappointed with either places
Hi ellie meg

thanks for taking the time to reply , i am erring to olu simply because when we got the boat there for a day trip we just wanted to stay there for the rest of the holiday !
Just to confuse you, we too have been to both, the beach is nicer at Olu but the evenings were FAR better at Icmeler. My choice would be Icmeler!
sept is a lovely month to go to turkey ,we have just got back and it was so hot you couldnt sit in the sun long, but sept is 1 of the best months to go. i would go with your first instinct especially as you loved it on that day visit, theres always next year for icmeler
Olu is a pretty chilled out resort but if you do want the nightlife there is more bars and clubs just up the mountain in Hisaronu, we are going back to Olu on the 14th September having last visited in 2003 we enjoyed it so much
paul
Been to both a couple times and would say that Icmeler shades it slightly. Although you will not go wrong with either. Also you have Marmaris close to Icmeler which has lots to offer especially the sea front restaurants and marina. Not too keen on the main beach in Olu it is very shingly and painful on the feet. Last year there also seemed to be a layer of scum near the waters edge on the sea and lagoon.
I am a definite lover of Icmeler but Olu is definately the more chilled of the two. If you really want to relax that's the way to go. Why not try a week in each, there's nothing like two holidays in one!
Icmeler wins hands down, but then again it depends on what youre looking for. Olu Deniz beach looks very picturesque in the brochure but once youre on it its a different story, more rocks than sand! icmeler beach isnt the best Iv seen - shingle.

Lots of Bars and restaurants to choose from in Icmeler. I cant say I saw that many in Olu Deniz as we only went there twice as were staying in Hisaronu.

Iv been to Gumbet, Kusadasi, Hisaronu and Icemeler, the latter being the best overall. Lovely, friendly people, more genuine that the other resorts. Very helpful and honest (gave the bar man far too much money, you know how it is after a few efes, he came back with money and said I had give him too much.. bless him).

Althought its a large resort in comparison the other mentioned above it definintley had a village feel to it.

Would have no hesitation in returning.

Hope this helps with your choice. Were going to Altinkum next year, so if anyone reading this post can give me any advice on choice of hotel it would be most appreciated. :D
My preference would be Icmeler. Olu is nice but not enough to do which is fine if that's the kind of holiday you like. I prefer things a bit more livelier
Hi DannyJ,

If your biggest requirement is chilling for the week - then Oludeniz would suit you perfectly. The scenery is absolutely stunning there, and the lagoon is 'The Place' to unwind! It has lovely sandy beaches, is surrounded by green forested mountains, and has some lovely restaurants where you can eat your meal by the water's edge - or on a small platform in the lagoon itself.

The main beach in Oludeniz is shingle (it's certainly not rocky!) - although there are a few rocks on the seabed which are covered by a small platform for safety. The beach is far superior to Icmeler's beach which is tiny, cramped, shingly, and resembles builder's sand - sort of greyish in colour.

Oludeniz is far more picturesque than Icmeler too; it is more relaxed - and more sophisticated.

I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't found Oludeniz beautiful.

You certainly won't be disappointed with it there!
sounds marvellous strawberry , once we find the right deal we cant wait to book.....

OLU DENIZ

Hands down
I have been to both too and much preferred olu Deniz. more chilled and far less hassle but not in a boring way. and scenary stunning. still plenty to keep you busy. but having said that I firmly believe Icmeler is more suited to the S/C market as many of the resturants are pretty lively in the evenings . whereas Olu has some good qaulity A/Is right in the centre and resturants are struggling against them.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.