Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Icmeler
8 Posts
Icmeler is lovely and the beach there is okay too. There are plenty of shops bars etc and in my opinion it is a far nicer resort than marmaris.
Icmeler is fantastic - you will be spoiled for choice as far as places to eat out are concerned. I've never had a bad meal yet. The beach area is lovely, although the beach itself is more shingle than sandy.
There is a Tansas supermarket (smaller than the one in Marmaris) as well as a couple of other supermarkets and lots of little mini-markets. There is the Wednesday market and lots of little stalls which line the canal too.
The Sun Village apartments are further back into the old village area of Icmeler, but there are some nice bars and restaurants in that area too - and if you don't fancy walking down to the main part or the beach, you can always get the dolmus.
I'm sure you will love Icmeler - the people are very friendly and welcoming.
MrsB,

I much prefer Icmeler over Marmaris. You may find members Resprt reports useful and Sun village Apartments hotel reviews.

Darren
club sun village is about a 20min walk to beach, but there is a bus not sure on the fare but i think under £1.00
The supermarket is a 10 min walk but ther plenty off smaller shops, and a bakery within a 5 min walk also the resturants in the old town are slightly cheaper
As you walk out of the Sun village turn right and follow the road to the main road turn left there are several small supermarkets on your left hand side, If you want to go to a bigger one do the same as above and follow the road right round untill you see the School take the road to your right follow it down to the bottom and Tansas is last on your right hand side. If you want to catch the local council Dolmus it goes up that main road at aprox 55minutes past the hour and it takes you to the center of Icmeler price for 2009 was 1 Lira, You only have to ask the driver to stop and he will stop anywhere.
I have been to the Munamar Hotel many many times and a Turkish friend living in Icmeler has just 'E' mailed me to say that the hotel has now been sold to an Arab prince and there is no certainty that it will be run as a Hotel in future.Could anyone please give me any further information as to the veracity of this statement and also what the future holds.
The outcome of this deal will be announced in early January. Hotel management was still under the impression that the hotel would operate as usual however, there is a chance that the hotel may be closed for renovations for the next 2 years. Will update everyone on various sites as soon as we find out in January.

Rami
http://www.icmeleronline.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.