Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
ID in Ibiza
18 Posts
if he looks 18 and not to baby face.i would not worry about it.they are not to strict.just so long you dont make fools are yourselfs and show each other up.you will be fine
I've never known anyone be id'd, they're unlikely to turn down your 50euro entrance fee!
just don't bring attention to yourself and if you're all lads find some girls to walk in with.
i have seen kids and i mean kids the one girl i spoke to was only 12. we ended up looking after her as she had too much to drink and her friends all went off with this group of lads. anything could have happened to that young girl, i would just love to know what her parents were doing! gosh i sound old now!!!!!!!!
Hope you dont get served as you are under age,
and its against the law.
ID
Pubs and clubbers bars are generally OK regarding drinking (within reason), you may well get challenged at Space and Amnesia if one of you looks particularly young, have seen several turned away at Space over the last couple of years.....and in all our visits have never witnessed a drunken 12 year old in a club....and we have been to them all.
Being in receipt of a eur50 ticket to a club doesn't guarantee anyone entry, if you were to see the queues outside of Space at times....they can certainly afford to be choosy who they allow entry to!
I do think that behaviour has an awful lot to do with things, if you keep your heads down and behave like an adult....you will generally get treated like an adult in pubs/clubs in Ibiza.
you will be fine, just keep this in mind Ibiza is a really lovely island, don't make a mess of it and show the lot of us up while your there
little legs
is right i know your on yours hols and go over the top.but if you do you will soon know about it, they have guns and are heavy on drunks ect.no messing about with the police.ect...just don;t acted bigger than you think you are.and look after each other.enjoy
Drinking age in Ibiza is 16, not 18, so you are OK.

Well unless they have increased it in the last couple of years.
the age is not the same throughout spain. it's 16 in castilla leon and asturias. 18 elsewhere. the government have started to get tough on underage drinking, illegal drinking parties in the street - botellones - and people who sell alcohol to underage drinkers. there are also new laws regarding advertising alcohol - much the same as smoking.

in the good old days of alcohol consumption that bj remembers, 16 year olds were able to drink low grade/percentage alcoholic drinks but not stronger ones.
Hmmmm... this is all news to me. I was under the impression that the Catalan region which of course includes the Balearic islands remained as 16.

Furthermore from what I understand the goverment has only threatened to change it to 18, but have actually yet to do it thus the law remains 16 to consume, however apparently there is some law that says you have to be 18 to buy.

Either way the culture in Spain that it actually doesn't really matter as 16 years are very likely to be served without problem. Right or wrongs are debatable, however thats the simple fact of the matter IMO.
the balearic islands are completely autonomous and their only connection to catalonia is the language. hence the tobacco laws introduced here a couple of years ago which didn't come into force in the rest of spain until much later.
There are no ifs or buts.....the legal drinking age in Ibiza is 18, and Ibiza is not part of the Catalan region.
True, you may well get served in many bars in Ibiza if you are under 18, no different to many bars in the UK. But be careful not to confuse the legal standing with common practice, when bars are heaving in summer months and it's easier and faster to serve customers without the fuss or arguments.
Ibiza is not Dodge City, it's certainly not a lawless island, and I think that many young people go to Ibiza with ideas of it being a 'Do as you like' holiday island.....It's far from that in reality.
Please folks keep this friendly or this topic will be closed as others have been the past.
I'd love to know who is being unfriendly, all I can see happening here is a discussion ina discussion forum. I think that our current moderator is being a little over zealous.
BTW londonexiles is correct the legal drinking age in Ibiza is 18, there are large fines for customers and bar owners flouting this law.... in theory. Fact is that there are not enough police on the island to check on underage drinking, they have too much work to do clearing up traffic accidents caused by drunk drivers during the summer.
Have scoured this thread and cannot find one instance of anyone being 'Unfriendly'

We do need to keep threads friendly and civil, but equally we do need moderators to be sensible in their assumptions.
Londonexiles- you are familiar with Ibiza. Which would be the best resort to stay at for two 19 yr old guys, they want a 4 star hotel, great beaches, all night clubbing and dancing,dont want to rent a car,so transportation into nightlife area/restaurants or walking distance. Is it easier to just purchase a package holiday while they're in the UK- (they are from the USA) sightseeing, or just get a flight and book hotel independently. They want a very lively scene. Where to start?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.