Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
As much as I hate cricket, it stuck in my mind as it was the "third" 1 day international, played on the "third" of April, but will check it out.
Definately on the 3rd of April
Just found this on the ECB Website

3rd ODI Goa April 3
Tickets will go on sale March 15
Prices range from 750 rupees through 3000 rupees
All pre-order requests should be put in writing to:
Goa Cricket Association, Rizvi Sadan, 2nd Floor, near Municipal Market, Panaji, Goa - 403 001
or by calling the club on 0091 8322421088. Fax number not supplied, all requests should be mailed.

Seems a little expensive, I think i`ll take my chances when i get there :?
Are you sure it is wise to take your chances and leave it till you get there?

I would imagine the 'Barmy Army' will be in force for that game!!

Only wish I could make it myself! I have always wanted to see a match in Idia and where better than Goa. Maybe calcutta?

hope you manage to get a ticket anyway. I wouldn't take a chance to save a few bob! I wish you luck. regards.
If anyone in Goa just now is able to buy tickets, i ceratinly would take 4, I'll be wearing my India shirt right enough. I think some of the boys we know over there would love this as a wee treat for them
I think there is only 12,000 allocation of tickets according to the GCA for the 3rd of April.
I think there is only 12,000 allocation of tickets according to the GCA for the 3rd of April

Is that 12000 for England fans? or 12000 for a public sale?
Hi Martin

I read it on a website called goanet but it did'nt stipulate either way!
Read the local paper while I was there. Between 400Rps - 2000Rps a ticket... On sale at national banks in goa from 15th of March only
Hi my friend from university has managed to get a good deal at the end of March and he will still be there for the cricket game. Hes asked me to ask how can he get hold of tickets? can he buy them off the internet or will he have to buy them locally? Hes staying in candolim with his girlfriend and another couple so they will need two tickets because they're leaving the women to do what they want that day instead of going watching cricket.

p.s Where is the event taking place? Is it somewhere in panjim and what time approx will it start?.

Nicola x
april 3rd in margoa,look on ecb website it gives address to apply for tickets.In candolim myself so trying to get tickets also
anyone recieved reply after putting request in writing for tickets,wrote approx 3 wks no reply :cry:
There are 2 speeds in India. Slow and stop.
Not heard anything either...but then how are you meant to buy tickets? Credit card, Swift code bank transfer, Pay on delivery? Will they ring you, or write back to you, email you, reserve seats...?
It's a bit dodgy of them trying to sell tickets when they only offer a postal address......probably because they want to route foreign buyers through overseas agencies and charge more money.
I did this last time and the system didn't work at all, in the end the hotels and travel agents sorted it out on the black market for me. Cheaper tickets, but they were spread all over the stadiums with the locals. Great fun, but a bit hairy in Delhi and Mumbai where you end up standing alone for 8 hours crushed in with the locals feeling like "the only gay in the village" :roll:
The prices for 'foreigners' seem to be very high if you buy through official channels. The Delhi Cricket Association have quoted astronomical prices from the "official" sources for their one dayer, which seem to be being passed to an agency who then reply to you (£234 £180 or £70 if anyone's mad enough....).

What's needed is a friendly local Goan agency or expat who can go to the trouble of getting tickets to order, then sell them on at a reasonable profit to travellers who just can't get there in time to buy them early. Not sure if that's encouraged on here, but anyone can PM me if they've got an idea.....
meant to go on sale 15 march,if i have any luck will pm you
I'm not going to bother with tickets. For all you know it may be a fiasco as it happened the last time...30,000 extra fake tickets sold for the game in Goa, I think we are lucky to be even hosting a one day international.

This is my plan... Get the lift to the 5th floor of my building which incidently overlooks the Fatorda Stadium. A nice Beach chair/umbrella and a cooler box should do me good. Anyone else wanna join me , there is plenty of room on the terrace !!

Regards!
You know Ambert......i looked at your location plan the other day and thought "hmmm...next door....i wonder if i could kill two birds with one stone and get a scale and polish....?" :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.