Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Come on guys no dental treatment during the game. HT members are welcome to join us for an after party at my place in Margao , no matter who wins the game . We have about 10 people coming anyway so feel free to join the party later.
Has anyone managed to get tickets yet?
Just read on another forum someone has managed to get tickets via Barmy Army at £40 each. Hope this helps.
I was in Goa in Feb and the Herald was saying that the tickets are on sale from National Banks as of the 15th of March
Martin d / goonerfan
If anyone is still interested I have just bought my tickets fort Goa 3rd ODI from Barmy army direct. Having registered previously they are now working through the list of interested people. Tickets £40.00 each, pay now, collect from Barmyarmy rep at main entrance to ground. They only have allocation of 165 tickets I think he said.
Contact Duncan, Barmyarmy - 08450610612 Option 2
Good Luck
I know this is slightly off topic, but have just got my tickets for the cricket on 3 April, but am not sure what time is starts, 9am I think. Does anyone know. Tried searching the internet but nothing.

If there are anyone that can help, I should be grateful.

Also, not many tickets left, only about 100.

Sonya
about 9 am is correct..if you're going to watch the match at Fatorda Stadium, be there atleast by 8 am
My plans for the game have been washed away :( Just been informed that our building which overlooks the stadium (from the 5th floor) has been classifed "secure" area. Due to the recent rumors of attacks in Goa we will have special forces sitting on the roof !!

Will just have to sit infront of the TV now :cry:
Who or what is barmyarmy? My ticket was a gift but cost 2500. Anyone who wants pounds sounds like a rip off.
hapi,
The Barmy Army is synonymous with English cricket fans travelling overseas to support their team. It was in effect created by the Australian media's description during the Ashes series in 1994/95. 'Barmy' because they were spending lots of money supporting a side that couldn't win a game of cricket; England not only lost to Australia and their second team, Australia A, but also suffered the indignity of losing to Zimbabwe and, to cap it all, the Australian Academy Side (youth team) and 'Army' because there were hundreds grouped together at each match singing and partying in concert. 'Atherton's Barmy Army' soon became established as their theme song and they were proud of their image.

As the cricket results got worse the intensity of their support increased and the Barmy Army rapidly became the focal point for both the media and the general public. They soon became firmly established at the centre of their attention and achieved star status. Eventually their passion and dedication were rewarded with an unlikely victory in the fourth test in Adelaide.

The Army verbally conquered the Aussies with the use of songs, chants, irony and wit. Since their first foray into Australia they have travelled on all of England's subsequent adventures and the same popularity and media attention has been enjoyed by the supporters (South Africa, New Zealand, Sharjah and the Caribbean).

The Barmy Army represents a style of supporting. At each game a different Barmy Army is created by the particular group of people that have been able to attend. The aim is to encourage pro-team support and help the England team to do well, particularly on away tours where the opposition fans can be rather intimidating to play in front of.

Who or what is barmyarmy? My ticket was a gift but cost 2500. Anyone who wants pounds sounds like a rip off.
In Goa the week before the match which every taxi driver is talking about! I was offered dodgy tickets for £40 which I politely declined however I hear its sold out anyway
UPDATE- England lost again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.