Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
So have we :D We are going at the end of September. I have a spanish stepmother and she says that Palamos is a nice place, not as touristy as Lloret - but enjoyable.

I am hoping the apartments are clean at least! For the price we got them for though, we can't really complain too much :!:
I hope you have a great time, we didnt end up going, our return flight coincided with my medical for the prison service so changed the booking with the http://www.go2spain.com to the apartments we usually use in menorca and had a great week there instead!

Have a great trip, and remember to post a review when you get back!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
We booked with Go2spain too, IRONIC!!!!

I certainly will post a review when we get back!!!!
cool, thinking of possibly doing cheapie for a few days at the end of september so i wll belooking forward to how it i there!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Just got back from our holiday at the Palamos Aparthotel.

I will try and be fair about the place, but to be honest although it was cheap, it leaves a lot to be desired. we arrived late at night and were put in a totally unsuitable room, bearing in mind we were a party of 5 which included a 4 month old baby. My hubby got onto the sofa bed and it promptly broke, there wasn't a cot in the room, all minor things really, we were put on the 3rd floor and to be honest the floors look very much like "prisoner cell block H". Happily we were moved to another room on the first floor, which was better but still under par. No television in the room, we were told we could hire one for 10 euros a day, but that there wasn't any satelite(although they had satelite in the bar downstairs?????). Our room was clean, but not kept clean, although we were left clean towels and toilet rolls, not a single cloth or mop touched our room for 8 days(except by us) Our rubbish wasn't collected? When we put food in the so called "minibar" which in fact was just a fridge, it already had a box of the previous owners ice cream, so I don't know when the room was last serviced. There wasn't any entertainment, a small pool for the kids, which was colder than the big pool??? and 2 jacuzzi type pools, which the kids enjoyed. We didn't really see much of the staff at all. There was a bar, which I believe served snacks, but we didn't really get a chance to have them. Although we were aware of the changes in weather in spain at this time of year, storms really brewed up at night, I totally understand why they don't have central heating, but the patio doors didn't close properly and the curtains moved quite a lot at night. There is a gym which is accessable to "clientele" but is also used by the locals a lot. There is also a video shop attached to the hotel. The bowling alley part of the hotel is often heard from parts of the hotel and could be a pain at times. Palamos is generally a pretty quiet town, quite expensive for us, but a nice enough town. Most of the shops closed by 9pm, so unless you have a car, you are stuffed if you want nightlife. We toured the most of the Costa Brava, and unfortunately Lloret de mar had a lot more to offer than Palamos itself. It was also a hell of a lot cheaper as far as food and drink was concerned.

We took a risk with this hotel, and sadly it didn't really pay off, we ended up spending as much time away from the place as we could, and sadly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!
HI ALL ,I have to concurr with rossy everyword of hotel and resort detail are true ,though I found the peaceful laid back attitude of Palomas a welcome change fromthe touristy resorts, also it has great prom and no brit/scot/ irish bars anywhere I could find thankfully.
PLEASE,DO NOT USE the CHINO CHINESE RESTAURANT,THE FOOD IS DISGUSTING AND WELL OVERPRICED , not often I slate an eating place. cheers maxie . :)
Thanks Maxie. We liked Palamos, but not so good for shopping, unless Rolex is your type of thing. Thankfully we didn't go to the Chino Chinese, although we were tempted at one point. We did eat at Monica's though and that was fab, good value and good food.
HI ROSSY Monicas was good great meals but be very careful brother had his pocket picket leaving Monicas lost 600 euros ,insured thankfully.Bank manager who supplied duplicate receipt said he would not even have felt it happening ,they are pros .HE DIDNT cheers maxie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.