Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
There are increasingly fewer and fewer exchanges since the change-over to the Euro. There are three/four sites in PP, I don't know how competitive they are since I always use ATM's.
hi we are staying in a villa in cala san vincente please could any one help on a few points
1. Nearest mac donnalds?
2. Supermarket that sells English food cravendale milk?
3. Where to park in August in Purto Pollenca?
4. Any fairs for children in that area?
5. Cheap English restaurants in Cala San Vincente and Purto Pollenca?
Thanks
There's a Burger King in Alcudia but I can't recall seeing a McDonalds in that part of Majorca, it's a few years since I've been though.

I seem to remember there are a few English restaurants etc in Puerto Pollenca but from what I recall it's not really that kind of resort.

As for fairs, not sure what exactly you mean by that. If you mean the kind of thing that you'd find at an English seaside town then I don't recall seeing anything like that anywhere near Puerto Pollenca.

Sorry if these weren't the answers you wanted but if you're looking for English food, McDonalds and fairs there are resorts on Majorca that would suit you better.
Hi Dianne -
Cala San Vicente is a very quiet resort with a few restaurants and hotels. The beaches are the star attraction in this area being sandy/pebbly but with the most amazing snorkelling opportunities.
Puerto Pollensa is the nearest town. Puerto Pollensa is NOT a brits abroad resort. It is a small harbour resort that has flouished in a controlled way to provide gorgeous restuarants and bars and a wonderful walkway along the beach. (Pine Walk). This is a place to people watch and not for all night raves.

There is a Burger King on the main road opposite the beach in Puerto Pollensa. There is also an english shop - not quite sure where abouts. there are lots of Spa shops in the resors but these tend to be quite expensive. I would visit the Caprabo supermarket in Puerto Pollensa for you r shopping if you have a car or visit a hypermarket on your way to the resort. These are situated right next to Palma airport.

In puerto pollensa there is a ssmall archade - slot machines, airhockey etc... My children love to play in the square once we have finished our meals. Take a small football when you go out and all the children tend to play together and amuse themselves. If you dine on the pine walk there are lots of lovely stalls selling jeweller, pointing portraits, childrens pottery painting. Or you can just sit on the pine walk and watch your children play on the beach which is a couple of yards in front of you. (it is pedestrianised so nor cars to be worried about). There are sand sculpturs at night making the most amazing sandcastles - my 5 year old would just sit on the prom wall watching them carving out the Harry Potter scenes. On the Pine walk there is normally a childrens street entertainer - balloon modelling, magic etc... and there are plenty of street buskers coming round the restaurants playing their instruments. Do not feel you have to give them anything - they are not pushy.

Cala San Vicente and Puerto Pollensa are not english resorts. They have a lot of Spanish people holidaying there as well. Most restaurants will have 'English food' on their menus - steaks etc... but when in Spain.......
There are some fantastic restaurants in CSV and PP give them a try !
Good website is Puerto Pollensa.com

Faye x
Hi,
Nearest McDonalds is in Inca: roughly 25mins drive (boo hoo!), Burger kings in Puerto Pollensa and Alcudia, also KFC and Pizza hut in Alcudia.
Cravendale sometimes available in Spars, Austrialana milk not bad for longlife milk.
Parking can get busy in Puerto Pollensa, but you can usually get lucky.
No fairs as such,but arcades,go karts,trampolines,crazy golf etc in Pollensa or Alcudia.
Nags head or Trotters in Pollensa for english grub have been suggested by friends of mine. Pollensa is not overrun by english bars, but there are enough....
Have a great holiday! :)
1. Nearest mac donnalds?
There are no McDonalds restuarants in either CSV or PP, there is a Burger King on the seafront at PP.
2. Supermarket that sells English food cravendale milk?
There is a large Caprabo at the entrance to PP, I seriously doubt that you will find any English food there and certainly no English milk that I have ever seen.
3. Where to park in August in Purto Pollenca?
There is a new large free carpark off of the Formentor road in the centre of the residential area, also parking is free on the seafront road going towards Alcudia and after crossing the river. In August ? Be there very early.
4. Any fairs for children in that area?
Maybe in Alcudia, I think there is a waterpark.
5. Cheap English restaurants in Cala San Vincente and Purto Pollenca?
No English restaurants, plenty that offer "English style" food. On second thoughts there is the CodFather just off of the square.
Update: Still no fair as such, but in the port of Alcudia in the eves there are the 'Bungy' trampolines, a small pirate ship ride, water boat ride and a roundabout as well as craft stalls and candyfloss! Yum! :)
PP has lots of money exchanges around the harbour area, including shops, banks, car hire and estate agents etc. Most of them are commision free but it pays to shop around a bit for best rate. Also you can go in to most hotels and change travellers
cheques.
Be careful about the bureaus with extremly good high rates, the catch is you have to change thousands to get the rate advertised. When you ask they don't say and only make it aware when you countersisgn, be warned !!!
Thanks for the warning. I have applied for a Nationwide card so i will probably stick with that if i get it in time. :)
A nationwide card is by far the best option in my opinion. I use have used mine abroad for the last 4 years and have never had any problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.