General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Tis I'd be interested in this as well as I asked in some of the electrical shops and they were humming and harring because it's a shuffle - yet my friend has a cheap set of travel ones and my shuffle works in them :que

What I did buy is a Griffin Power Block univeral charger which means I can charge the shuffle without having to use a commie. £7.99 via Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-PowerBlock-International-Adapter-Charger/dp/B000PD0T3A/ref=pd_sbs_ce_title_1
Hya Glynis - I've got the charger too - it's an Apple one that I got for a tenner plus P&P off a chap on Ebay so that side of things is covered but it's the speakers I need to sort out and we're running out of time :)

Hopefully someone will come along later and help us both out!

Tis
On my ipod I have a tiny speaker that plugs into the headphone socket! I got it from poundland. It does the job fr me and has it's own batteries!
I have these JBL speakers CLICK HERE. They're a bit more expensive but fantastic sound quality. They don't have an iPod "dock" so you can use them with any mp3 player. They come with a AC adapter so you can plug them in when you're in your hotel room or you can use 4xAAA batteries for on the beach etc. I use rechargable batteries in mine.
Tesco have a good range of iPod/mp3 speakers CLICK HERE
We have this: http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/383716/PROTECH-Docking-speaker-system from Comet at £49.99. They have decent qualtiy sound, and the whole thing folds flat for easy packing!
Tis these get good reviews on Amazon I might get some myself - they recharge the ipod as well:-

Click Here
They look grand Glynis and they have fab reviews - just need to see if I can find any locally as haven't got time now to order them in time for holiday!

Tis
3 more sleeps!
There was some Ipod shuffle speakers in Asda yesterday, reduced down to £5.00.
(I was going to buy them for my son but he told me he doesn't have the shuffle.)

They were in with all the reduced/clearance bits on a shelf.

Maybe worth a quick trip/phone call to your local Asda to see if they have them?
Even if they aren't reduced, they might be a decent price.
(Can't remember what the *before* price was, but I don't think it was that much...)
Have you seen THESE in Argos? Nice and dinky, specially made for iPod Shuffle and not too expensive :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.