Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Take my advice aarond stay at the taj as long as you can and take lots of photos by the way you can not take a video camera in with you and you have to pay to get your camera in ..I dont know about you but we brought some childrens clothes and gave them out to the street kids ....if you need to know anything just ask me ...colleen
Thanks for the info Colleen, will certainly take clothes and chocs for the street kids
will share them out between them and the kids in Goa :cheers
ann
I take it the room in Delhi had matching bed spread and curtains then colleen :rofl
Youre report is great, looking forward to the next instalment :tup
Great report Ic.. looking forward to the next instalment....

Curlylocksm
I have now got the photos on my trip report hope you all enjoy it will let you all see just some of the things we saw on the way to the Taj Mahal ....colleen
:tup Hey colleen we could start up a holiday truth gazette and you could run it...lovely pictures. :cheers
Hurry up Irishcolleen wheres the next bit I am waiting. Sitting here waiting with my pop corn and diet coke :cheers
Friday the 23rd nov ...we went to see the Taj mahal from the otherside of the river but there was fog and we did not see it very clear so our driver Sanji took us on to the red fort my hubby said he found the fort far better than the Taj ..but he is a man .lol the fort was fab I have to say I really enjoyed it myself ...I will add some photos later today ...
Sanji took us over some bridge it was very narrow so all traffic had to use the same one ....only one way over and one way back that was class .....when we got over the bridge I had seen all the washing on the river bed and wanted a photo of it to put on H/T so the driver stopped to let me take a photo ..... :cry I went over to the edge of the river for the perfect picture and I wont tell you what I stood in ..yuk yuk and it was not dogs then sanji had to take me to buy new shoes ...... :rofl

in the afternoon we went to some mosque place I think it was JAI GURU something like that and of all the places we went to this was the most awful place the people were so so rude the man who was asking for money to take your camera in asked for 250 rupees no way said my hubby its was only 25 rupees to get it in to the taj .... he pointed to me and said she not come in .my husband said why ..and the man said LEGS ..and pointed at my legs and said no cover ..well I have never been so embarrassed in all my life my husband started to shout ..well you can stick your temple up your A.....we dont want to come in anyway its filthy and the people here are not very nice ..I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me ...
we then went and got on the bike thing (cant rem the name ) a young man driving us about the streets it was really sceary to be in all the traffic in delih it was mad mad mad ..

sanji took us to a big park and there were indian people all sitting having lunch and the monkeys were sitting beside them and the people were giving the monkeys food ...I will add a photo

.we then got on the way back to Delhi we stopped in the same place as we did on our way for lunch and the little one I gave the T shirts to was there again and bless him he had one of the shirts on him ......BTW when we were going I thought he was a girl and I gave him girls clothes but he had a shirt on when we were coming back again.......hehe
Sanji stopped at some famous place to get sweets for his children I think its called (petta ) and it can only be bought in Agra .he got us some aswell that was very nice of him
That day there were some bombs went off near where we were but we knew nothing about it till we got back to the hotel and seen it on the news .........we had something to eat in our room that night and had an early night tomorrow we are on a full day tour of delih so we will be up early in the morning.........( :oops: :oops: .sorry about my spelling )
Brilliant. But that horrible man at the mosque :twisted: :evil: cheeky so and so!!!
You will be coming to the good bit of your report soon .... the bit when you meet up with me :rofl
Colleen......loving this, can't wait for the next bit. Did you really stand in human pooh??? or was that just a ploy to go shoe shopping??
GFF xx
I know I will be disliked for saying this, but all the travel guides advise females to cover up, and this means shoulders and legs, when travelling around India , and especially so when visiting Temples and Mosques. Goa is much more liberal about these things.
Sorry lassi :(
then sanji had to take me to buy new shoes ......

Any old excuse :duh
I must admit my better half hasn't used that one yet ;)

Great reading your reports, keep it up, there fab.

Cheers
Cobbler Rog
:omg : :yuck : GFF did I say it was human pooh :yuck : :rofl yes and it was orange ....yes lassigirl your so right there my husband was on and on at me because I put a dress on that morning he told me how I should have something on my legs but to me its just to to hot for trousers in goa I just did not listen ...dont they say its good luck to walk in pooo....it must be because i went on to meet all my lovely friends in goa ...colleen
Irishcolleen .................................
its good luck to walk in poo :rofl :whoops
Hurry up and get to the bit were you meet me :rofl :pele
Hi lassigirl in my defence i have to say yes you are right about having to cover ladies legs and arms but what made me angry was the people at the mosque attitude there is a way to say sorry you cant enter because .....but he pointed at irishcolleen as if she was,nt human and waving his arms in an attempt to embarrass her which he succeded in doing,i also have to say we must have seen every temple in delhi and this is the only one where the people where not very friendly draw your own conclusions by the way the name was,nt the one colleen said its name was jamid masid or near that but all in all the trip to delhi and agra was fantastic.irishman
Great report Colleen, see you at Molly Malones on 17th. Lenny
Fantastic IC, I can just imagine what you said to him rude so and so. Your pictures are great, we wanted to go but because OH wasnt well we couldnt plan it. I'm sooooo jealous. We had to do with a day in Mumbai on the way home which I loved but you will read about it soon. Keep it coming. :D
Irishcolleen whats happened :que It will be time to go back to Goa and then you will need to do 2 trip reports :yikes
Waiting patiently on the next bit PLEASE :D
I thought everyone just got fed up with me going on and on ...and I was just coming to the bit where i was going to meet you ..polly50 ...and sleeps ...because i went to meet you 3 the night we got home from Delhi.....I have only to tell you all about the last day in Delhi and then it was back to lovely goa to meet my friends ..............you lot :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.