Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If you scroll back to January 15th, you will find the Discussion on Kalkan topic, this will tell you of the restaurants we used when we stayed there. I don't think you would be disappointed with the place and the local people there are just the best. If you've got time, take the dolmus down to Kas. All the best.

Les
It is true that Kalkan may be more expensive than most other resort towns in Turkey but I think that is more to do with the qualiy of restaurants than the town actually being more expensive. Most of the restaurants on the harbour front are expensive, but they are much higher quality restaurant than you can find in most other towns. Most of them would be classed as a special night out rather than an average tourists meal. There are, however, decent priced places where you can eat too if you don't want to spend too much money. Regardless of where you eat though, I am sure you will enjoy your meal, I spent a lot of time in Kalkan last summer and we were never disappointed with any of the restaurants that we tried.
My friend is there at the moment and has been going for a few years to the Meldi hotel.
She also goes to Icmeler and finds that much cheaper,for the same or better quality restaurants.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.