Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thought about Albena or one of the other smaller resorts??

It depends exactly what they want to do.

Sunny Beach and Golden sands have alot of younger people.
hi,

they dont like to party or anything!

They just want to relax, but also like lots of things to do, heard albena may be too quiet.

any ideas?

brad 8)
Golden Sands will be fine, Just make sure they book a hotel near the beach.
Marina Grand Beach and Admiral are both very good and also central. A bit quieter there is the Lilia and Obzor-Izgrev both of which i can recommend.

Patka
The Odessos in G/S is well situated for two elderly people it is near the shipka hotel,no steep hills and also near the beach and all the amenities. :D and not as many young ones . :lol:
hi,

thanks for all your replies,

but, doesnt GS have lots of hill, my aunt have arthiriths.

yours,
brad 8)
G/S does have a lot of hills but there is the mini train that runs in a lot of parts of it .Although it did not go straight to the hotel we were in it used to take us up the hill and the rest was flat enough to walk to the hotel which was just minutes away :wave
Hi Brad,

There's some incredibly poor advice flying around on this thread.

Take Patka's advice on this one, Golden Sands is built on a very steep hill, and if a hotel is 100 or so metres from the beach, you can guarantee it will be up a steep incline.

The Odessos is stated to be 150 metres to the beach in the Balkan brochure, and much closer to the rowdy nightlife than any of those mentioned by Patka.

The Balkan brochure warns below the map on page 12 of this year's edition -

As Golden Sands is situated on a hillside, the hotels (except those on or very near the beach) are reached by sloping paths or steps. Elderly clients, or people with walking or breathing difficulties, should bear this in mind when selecting accommodation.

Peter
Hi Brad
If I was in my 80's I would not be selecting GS. Very little of the resort can be accessed without climbing some sort of hill or steps even if you have one of the seafront hotels.
I would stick to SB or Albena.

8) The Toonman
Please remember Albena is split in two. One half is on the level the other on a hillside,ask for advice before booking the hotel and one of us can tell you where it is situated in resort. Tonyt.
Tonyt & Toonman,

What about St Konstantin, that's a bit more on the flat? Especially the Grand Hotel Varna?

Would hesitate re Sunny Beach. Must confess I haven't stayed there & last time I visited was years ago.

However, wasn't impressed then, and every report I have read since suggests not for us of more mature years. Might be growing old disgracefully, but SB I just don't fancy!!

Peter
Hi Peter,
Wife and I both mid 50's, like a bustling,lively place but one where if you want to you can just chill out. We both love SB the best, but as you know it is each to their own.
We still find ample places to go in SB without the worry of the" wild ones " in the resort.
We normally stay at the Grand Hotel Oasis, which shall we say seems to have a more our age guests staying there and is lovely.

Roll on Sept 4th

8) The Toonman
Hi Toonman,

We just don't know Sunny Beach, parts of it seem to be hell on earth to us, but I agree - each to their own, it's what you want out of a holiday.

I will say that Golden Sands between the Admiral and the marina, has almost an English marine drive feel about it, and on the flat. There's plenty to see and do, without having to engage in mountaineering.

There is (or was in previous years - we return on 5th September) a lack of idiots on golf carts, scooters, and all the other dangerous nuisances I hear reported in SB.

Whatever they choose, I hope they enjoy Bulgaria as much as we all do.

Peter
Hiya Brad,

Why not rent them the apartment you own in Sunny Beach?

wgipk.
How about trying Sozopol? I don't think it is hilly there and it is a more traditional resort than SB.

Yvonne
hi,

i have offered they my apartment for free!

but, they want Half Board, and they like a hotel, not my apt!

I think they have found likeing in nessebeur, as its quite quiet, but near the highs of SB.

And they also like St Konstantin, but i think they will book nessebeur.

Appreciate an comments,
and thanks for your replies.

brad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Hi Brad they will enjoy nessebar although there is plenty to do in s/b they can enjoy the peace in nessebar and there are still lots of good restraunts the hotel victoria small and friendly the toni also small or some of the old towns apartments where you stay with a bulgarian family and get to know some of the real bulgarians
hi,

hanks for your replies.

they have booked IFA nesbeur bay.

any comments?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.