Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks briar. Now need to look for nice suitable accomadation :think
Hi

I would agree that Olu is flat and definitely suitable. We are returning there again in 3 days (woooooo hooooooo) and the only place we have ever returned to in all of our travels. We stayed at the Karbel Hotel last year and are returning there this year, it is very accessible and easy to get around, you have some steps down from the restaurant to the pool area, but they do have a ramp access which leads from the front down to the accommodation. The rooms which are in blocks have ground floor ones too and the hotel when we stayed there last year in May was lovely. There are some excellent reviews about the place, plus its at the top end of the main street down to the beach, so its also while close to everything, you aren't close to all of the main bars etc in the main street.

We got upgraded to a suite last year which had a massive room, huge bed and nice big jacuzzi bath, and we've booked this room again this year because it was so nice. But, the hotel was lovely, the grounds definitely well looked after and it has two separate pool areas one of which they kept as a quiet area (dont know if they still do but can let you know when we return)

I guess it depends on whether you want AI, HB or B and B
Its such a beautiful place . . .its the one place Ive really fallen in love with and I was the person who didnt even want to set foot in Turkey LOL

in 81 hours I will be boarding my plane . . . . :sun2 :tup
Thanks Karen .Sounds lovely, still pondering tho ,mum really wants to cruise and if they come down a bit in price thats what we will do coz i love cruising too.But if they stay high prices i just wondered about turkey as me an hubby just come back and i love turkey too :que
I would recommend choosing a hotel close to resort centre and promenade. Olu Deniz is a small resort and everything is really accessible but the first year we went we chose a hotel that was further up from the promenade/beach front. It was only 10 mins walk from the beach and the incline was gentle but i found it tiring returning to our hotel in the heat (i am only in my 40s). Last year we stayed at the Marvuka which was very central (but not noisy) and that was much more comfortable for me in terms of never having to walk far in the heat. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.