Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Yes, there are ferries from Playa Blanca harbour to Fuerteventura. As for the other tours I'd recommend hiring a car. Driving on Lanzarote is easy, the roads are very quiet and you can pick up and drop the car at the airport, saving you on transfers or taxis to PB.
helsy wrote:
Had a look on the last minute website (as recommended on here) and want to ask does the island tour make many stops, don't want to be stuck on a coach all day, want to be able to get off and look around.
I haven't done the island tour, but I have done the Cesar Manrique tour and it was great - lots of stops, lots of chances to take some fabulous photos and lots of interesting information from an English tour guide. We also did the Fuerteventura tour with them and they did lots of good stops on that one, so I should imagine the Lanzarote island tour is very similar. I don't drive, so I have to rely on coach trips.
Thanks, :) will think about hiring a car, if you say the roads are ok and quiet I might go for it. Only ever driven in America before, driving in Europe puts me off a bit as some of the roads aren't that good, also the drivers are a bit mad :yikes
we have been a number of times and always hire a car. As previous advice says, it is easy to get around, the roads are good and well signposted and of course that means you can go where you want at your own leisure, stopping off as many times as you want for as long as you want. I didnt think the roads were that busy at all. Drving was stress free most of the time.

The ferry leaves quite regularly..but I dont know the timetable I am afraid.
Hi Helsy, if you hire a car then its not far to go to see Timanfaya which is a must see, don't worry you get on a coach to take you round the volcano which makes it more interesting as you get great views and a coach journey you will never forget! also you can stop off in Yaiza which is really beautiful and call in at el golfo.
A few years ago we went on a package tour and had a whole day visiting the main attractions and i would like to go back to Jameos del Agua, but its a fair distance from playa blanca and we never get round to it, but its worth going to.
as other people have said the roads are good and fairly quiet, and i've always found the locals to be very courteous on the roads, even the taxi drivers are very calm and considerate, i've never felt stressed or hassled on the roads, also car hire is quite cheap so you can probably save money by doing the sites yourself.
Thanks for all your help guys, will look at hiring a car, noticed on here some recommendations. Can't wait. :)
Hi there, we are going to PB next week and have booked a car through AutoReisen (think thats how its spelt) and these were the cheapest I found. Hope this helps
Yes, I was looking at them, they've been recommended on here a few times. Have a good holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.