Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Issues with TA
8 Posts
Well you got it off your chest so you will feel better. Regarding the TA I doubt you will get any sense out of them. You had your holiday - they got their money so why should they bother.

Lesson learned by you - take your business elsewhere in future.

Lesson learned (or not) by TA - Treat customers in this fashion and a visit to the job centre is on the cards.

fwh
Thanks for the reply. I have been offered £100 holiday voucher so need to decide what to do.
The majority of travel agents are on a direct billing system with the tour operators so I'm a bit puzzled by the holiday company saying the agent did not pay them.

£100 of holiday vouchers for not receiving your tickets 2 weeks before you travelled and not getting your evening dinner at the time you would have preferred/requested.... what's the decision???? I'm gobsmacked you were offered anything!

Who issued the vouchers? The TA or the tour op/holiday company?

CwB
The TA admit they sent over monies however it was short by £200. The voucher is from the TA. The reason I am doubting is to use the voucher I will have to go with TA again and I said I would not. But maybe I should give them one last try to put things right?
It depends what the vouchers say or what you can use them against. Are they restricted to being used through that same Travel Agent?

Will they let you use them for currency or do you have to use them for a holiday?

If you have used the TA previously with no problems, then you are probably best to chalk this up as a one off blip. If not, then you may be wise to ask around to see if anyone else has had bad experiences... If they have, then steer clear.

Don't rush your decision - they have made the offer, now it's up to you to decide whether to accept it or not. They can't expect you to make a decision overnight.

Let us know the outcome please....

CwB
The vouchers can only be used on another holiday and not for currency. Asked already.

It's the first time we have used this TA as our previous TA the girl left and it was never the same. Might keep them holding for a while as you say, but yes I will let you know.

Thanks for helping
Please check the small print on any vouchers, some can only be used on full brochure priced holidays and not the current price quoted in the travel agents unless of course the brochure happens to be lower and then they tell you that the holiday you want isn't available.

We had a terrible time trying to use some a few years back, they wouldnt take them for two late bookings or against any prices we found over the Internet. Then they said they were only valid for holidays of over seven nights.

There is normally a time limit on their use.

All in all they were a right pain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.