Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
john

ive had a quick look and cant find the list not sure if ive chucked it away now, ill have another look, i know thurs was a day when a lot were closed. how long are you staying there for , we stayed a week and still didnt see everything, we will go back again 1 day as we loved it. if you havent already booked a hotel try and book somewhere in sultanhamet area as thats very central

karen
we are staying 4 days maybe 5 booked nice little turkish hotel in sultan ahmet
any info would be great
thanks
john
john

depending on what sorts of things you like to see, we enjoyed the topkapi palace the best, its a shame i cant download all my photos on here, got a new camera and now im having problems downloading any pics grr, but im happy to add you to my facebook to see my photos if you want me to do that let me know

karen
yes please karen my full name on face book is john dienn
thanks once again
john :sun2
john

ive just tried again to download and its downloading now grr not sure what happened the last few times i tried, but as its so slow will take ages, ive added someone of your name to my facebook, as there was 2 of you hope ive added the right one lol

karen
are you wearing a tea towel on your head in the photo or have i added the wrong john lol :rofl
you caught me on my water pipe we did have a laugh :really :que :rofl
john loved istanbul so much found some cheap flights end of may and couldnt resist lol, so we are off again for 5 nights this time and taking the in laws with us, leaving my youngest behind for the older 2 to look after, so hopefully no problems, my oldest daughter is 22 and my son will be 19 so between them they should manage with a 9 yr old oh and the dog :rofl

might try to find a different hotel as this last 1 was in prime location but the rooms we had werent the best unless we ask for better rooms lol, going to have a good look around
Try this little family run hotel right in the main centre of Sultanahmet:
http://www.kybelehotel.com/
They will transfer you to and from the airport for a very reasonable price too. It's very difficult getting into Istanbul from the airport as there aren't any buses or trains and the taxis tend to try and rip you off.
i will add this 1 to my list of viewing depending on price thanks
just got price through its over a £100 a night for basic room so more than i wanted to pay, found a few that look promising with good reviews around half that price
just got an email back from them 140 euro's per night i think they are dreaming you can get a 4 * for this

Greetings from Istanbul. Thank you very much for your kind contact and for your kind interest in our hotel. It will be our pleasure to give you accommodations in Kybele. Our rate for a double room for two people is 140 Euros / night. We also have smaller double rooms with the rate of 110 Euros / night and 90 Euros / night . These rates include breakfast, taxes and service. We have availability at the moment for a double room for your dates. We would kindly ask for a confirmation message to make the reservations.
i agree crazy price, sadly some of these small hotels do try it on, and i dont think it has the terrace i want too

ive been looking and the ones ive found that look ok with good reviews and not too badly priced around £50-£60 a double room are cem sultan, marmara,kervan guest house,side pension,ilkay hotel,divas, sultans inn, sultanahmet suites and hanedan hotel, these are the ones ive book marked as excellent to good reviews, and location good and not too far from where we stayed last time etc , theres a few more that are ok too, deniz konaky, bilinc,erboy,mystic

you can see what ive been doing all day lol.

john have you got anywhere booked yet, if not have a look at some of these tell me what you think might help me make a decision, 1 thing i do want is a terrace view, they are great ,especially if you can have your breakfast there lol :tup
i like the guest houses which are very traditional :sun2
we visited the little hotel next door to where we stayed last time and it was fab and we were told £50 a night i emailled him earlier to book 2 rooms for 5 nights asked if they could give us a good price explained we had visited them in oct etc and hes come back with 80 euros a night :que so not very impressed with that price lol , shame as its was lovely, but im not going to pay over £60 a night
the mystic seems quite nice also there is a few others that seem nice :sun2
i liked the mystics price lol that was really reasonable, im going to have a good read, go for location, price and i want a terrace, not bothered if its a b&b or small hotel, think ive got some serious reading to do :rofl
I have stayed at the Naz Wooden House Inn in Sultanahmet by a little train track (beat this for character - but I have to admit the room was a bit of a shoebox!). We found this guesthouse/small hotel crammed full of atmosphere and very historic, and has the required roof-top breakfast room (and a terrace) with views of the Bosphorus that are worth every penny of the £60 you can book for on Expedia. I reckon that there were bigger rooms than ours, I see one with a king-size bed on the site mentioned, but I could crawl to the little window by my bed and see the Blue Mosque, so I was happy (and I still have the complimentary slippers from my room)
http://www.nazwoodenhouseinn.com/

A couple of reviews here (perfect for the man who likes a guesthouse)
http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/nojs=1/htid=1077133/crti=7/hotel-reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d296340-Reviews-Naz_Wooden_House_Inn-Istanbul.html

The Hilton it's not, but I loved it.

Happy hunting!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.