Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
istanbul review
52 Posts
I glad you are enjoying my city ;)
Hi Elli meg, wonderful review :tup What was the name of the hotel you stayed in, sounds in great position for viewing the sights
joan it was the med cezir , avoid rooms 4 & 5 think others are bigger and better
Great review, ellie_meg - brought back some good memories for me of my own trip :) You certainly packed plenty in to your visit!
Really enjoyed reading the review. Istanbul is certainly on my "to do list".
Fabulous review Karen . Review wise ive read very little on Istanbul so that made very interesting reading :tup
Great review ellie meg smashing links ,makes me want to go there all the more . :wave:

Bluepeterno1
thanks for all your kind words. i tried to download some photos yesterday but it kept kicking me off the site so ill try again before i contact the help team ive done it loads before and ive never had problems grr :que . here is a link to the princes islands i forgot to add

http://www.istanbulinfolink.com/the_city/suburbs/the_princes_islands.htm
Great review!!, really makes me want to try Istanbul. We have never been, although we have been to Turkey loads of times. Seen a couple of holidays with 3nights in Istanbul and then 10 nights in a coastal resort, may try that next time. Thanks. Denny
denny well worth a visit ive been to loads of cities and this comes in my top 3.

im having huge problems downloading any photos of istanbul everytime i do it , it gets near the end then boots me off the site grrrr :duh its driving me crazy so unless i get any help sadly im going to give up as being trying for a few days and ive never had problems before, so not sure what the problem is, ive asked on the help site about 3 hours ago and waiting for a reply :que
ellie_meg wrote:
, ive asked on the help site about 3 hours ago and waiting for a reply :que

As we mod this site on a part-time basis and all have full time jobs, it is unlikely, although not impossible, that you will get a reply during the working day.

luci
ellie try resizing your pictures before uploading this may help
microsoft powertoy image resizer
maverick ive no idea how to do that ,i can only crop :duh , ive tried again 1 at a time and it wont let me download these pics, the only difference i know of since ive downloaded so many in the past is, ive got a new camera, so im assuming this could be the problem, ive sadly given up as ive tried loads and it cant do it, ive managed to download them all to my facebook without any trouble, if anyone can help me to resize them please feel free to pm me, ive got about 200 photos of istanbul i wanted to share thanks

karen
ellie here is a link
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
on the right hand side of the page is the box with image resizer download it its very usefull
im afraid when it comes to technical things im totally useless, ive down loaded it but no idea where its gone or where to find it, sorry for being so think lol :que , so if i ever find it i bet i wont be able to use it lol
it should be automatic highlight the picture then right click on the picture a drop down menu should apear in that menu it should say resize click on that and choose web size
ive gone into my photo albums and cant see any trace of it, nor any difference to any photos, i think sadly its beyond my pc skills , i really only know the very basics :que
not to worry karen if i can find one that is really basic i will pass it on :sun2
ive just found a list of opening days and times for a lot of the musuems and places of interest in istanbul if anyone wants me to list it let me know, as some are closed on certain days etc

still sadly had no luck listing my photos, ive changed my camera so this could be the reason grr
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.