Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive just got a price off expedia and its too dear for what i want to pay, im looking at under £300 for 5 nights this was £435 ish, thanks anyway
Ah, well, worth a try - sorry, karen! Hope you come up with a good deal.
john this is the hotel we popped in to see, it was really cute and in an excellent location, but slightly too highly price for us lol

http://www.hotelalibaba.com/?language=english&go=&honk=100

ive just come across this link tells you opening times of places of interest

http://www.galataantiquehotel.com/ttdistanbul2.html
karen we have just booked this hotel great price right where i want to be 4 nights £144.00 :sun2
http://www.aganhotel.com/index.asp
yes that looks nice but we want to be in the Sultanahmet area so we can walk to all the main attractions, and be near restaurants etc, i think this hotel will be near the dolmabahce palace as that was near the boat terminals , the hotels in sultanahmet seem to be a bit dearer lol, ive narrowed a few down lol :think
You get what you pay for. We stayed at the Kybele hotel and it was wonderful. But if you want to to stay in a characterless modern hotel it will be cheaper.
i have at no time said characterless modern hotel, infact i just want a small hotel or b&b with a terrace with fab views this 1 you recommended doesnt seem to even have a terrace, madabouttravel ive noticed you do seem to try to provoke people on a few of your posts not sure why, theres no need for sarky remarks, this is a friendly site and we try to be helpful !!!
madabouttravel wrote:
You get what you pay for. We stayed at the Kybele hotel and it was wonderful. But if you want to to stay in a characterless modern hotel it will be cheaper.

Are you just posting to get your post count up rather than be helpful ? :think

Of all the people on this site Karen has probably posted more hotel and apartment reviews, resort reports and photographs pertaining to Turkey (and other Countrys) than anyone else on this forum over a number of years.

In particular making a huge contribution to the information base we have on Turkey.

Edited for rubbish spelling.
  • Edited by doe 2009-02-06 23:16:25
i'm sorry karen perhaps i should have pm you about what hotels was avalibl;e in istanbul as it seems to have caused a bit of a problem :sun2 :duh
no you havent for some reason madabouttravel seems to leave sarky remarks on a few of my posts , not sure why or what the point is :que
Ellie_Meg,
I'm sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't mean to be sarcastic in any of my posts. My last post, in particular, wasn't aimed specifically at you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.