Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi there
I am not so sure that Garda can be done cheaply however the time you are intending going is the start of the season so you can usually get some good deals. If you look at Inghams, Thomsons Lakes & Mountains and Crystal that will give you some idea of the "package" prices. They usually have some very good last minute deals if you were prepared to take the risk of waiting.

Self catering may not be your cheaper option if there are just the 2 of you as you will be hit with under occupancy supplement.

We went to Garda a couple of years ago and stayed in Garda town. It was absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend it. It can be quite expensive though as Italy is always more expensive that some of the other European destinations.

I am not sure of DIY as oppose to a package as Verona airport is quite a way out form Garda so your transfers would be quite expensive. However there may be others who have done Garda DIY and could give you more information.
Thanks for the help,

I have decided to go with thomas cooke city breaks to Venice for 4 days as it was quite reasonable, the only downside is that the flights are not direct.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.