Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi misty1 and welcome to HT!

Please do not post with your CAPS lock on as per our T&C's.
Rules Of Posting:
1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Sorry Misty but I think you and I might have different ideas as to what constitutes an 'Italian' hotel! It is very usual to have pasta every night, especially if you don't want to pay for a meat/fish course because they are more expensive, and shower curtains are usually optional in 'real' Italian hotels, as the shower drains through a hole in the floor. A dictionary or guide book with a vocabulary section is obviously a help if you don't know the language ........ and as Lake Garda is particularly popular with the Germans, it is possible that the staff of the hotel are more fluent in this than in English.

Sorry the hotel was not to your taste, but when you travel abroad, you risk encountering life and culture different to what you get at home.
I'm going to Limone in two weeks time so I looked this place up - after all Misty never told us where it was :think

It's in Desenzano and from the maps it looks to be right on the lake front. Trip Advisor page here but no reviews: http://tinyurl.com/5kd9k9

Maybe a bit of early research would have put him/her off due to the lack of reviews. Then again many people only publish a review if they have an extreme view about an hotel.

As an aside can I also give a bit of praise to this message board. I entered 'Splendid Mayer' into Google and this thread was the top result.

Not bad after just one day. Wish my site could get results that quickly :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.