Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
JET2.COM
1502 Posts
Hi
Can anyone tell me is it right, that i can have 28kg of luggage with jet 2.

I've paid £10 for luggage to be checked in, and it says up to 18kg, then it says that i can have 10kg of cabin baggage.

But i can't combine the 2 or i will be penalised.
Hi Chris, from what I understand on the baggage allowance from the website is 18kg on baggage for the hold but if you are over the allowance you will be charged excess, the maximum weight a bag can weigh for the hold is 25kg so that would mean you would have an excess of 7kg @ £5 per kg, but you are still allowed to take up to 10kg of hand baggage on board the plane. You cannot combine the two allowances for the hold & hand baggage. Departures on the 1st of November 2007 & onwards, the hold baggage allowance goes up to 20kg. Hope this helps. Have a look at the Baggage advice & allowance section on their website. Cheers Jayjan
Hi.

I have booked to go to Gran Canaria in November with Jet2. I went onto the website again to check the prices of the flights and saw that they are cheaper than what I paid.

Does anyone know if Jet2 operate a refund policy for this difference?
gerfus,

The price at the time of booking is the price you agree to pay. Ticket prices fluctuate regularly. No refunds I'm afraid.

Darren
2008 flights from Leeds Bradford to Ibiza released today and back to day time flights thanks goodness!! :)
thanks for that,cant get on the site at present to book,but i think they are updating it (well it is the early hours of the morning).it always takes ages for the e mail to come through from jet 2. thanks again, mo.
Leeds/Bradford to Alicante are now available aswell.
We are flying jet 2 from leeds to ibiza sept it is a 733 aircraft. I have paid to pre book and select seats.What I dont understand when I go on the website to look at our seats which are 1e and 1f is there are some symbols one of the symbols says E means NOT extra leg room L means EXTRA leg room well .....our seats have E and L on them does anyone know what this means do we have extra leg room or not
a judy,

I'm not exactly sure why, but 1 e/f are located at the front of the aircraft behind a bulkhead. Some extra legroom seats located by the doors have emergency slides located in a box which restricts legroom for the window seat, but that's not the case at 1 e/f since they're bulkhead seats, not door seats. The last Jet2 733 I was aboard they were both extra legroom.

Darren
Thanks dazbo5 for that would you stick with these seats then or maybe change them cos it looks like noone else apart from 2 others have seats allocated to them at this stage,we would have the whole plane to chose from appreciate your opinion thankyou
We flew to Pisa a couple of weeks ago and also had seats 1E/1F. As Darren says that are behind the bulk head and certainly don't have the extra legroom that 1A/1B/1C have as they are directly next to the exit, and is where the flight attendants sit for take off and landing, but they do have extra legroom as they are at the front of the plane.

If you can stand everyone traipsing past you at boarding I would opt for 1A/B/C as these definitely have more leg stretching room.
Thats intrestin as on the website it says 1 abc has an E symbol which means No extra legroom help which seats shall I pick pleaseee
a judy,

I love 6A/F because it gives a nice view over the wing leading edge and engine, but that's just the aviation nut in me! Seating is always personal preference so it's always difficult to say. 1 E/F are nice enough and have more room than the standard seats (30"). 1 A/B/C have the most room.

Darren
hi
can you help i am traveling on jet 2 with 5 of us and could not find out if we can share luggage i have been on the web site and cannot find anything on there about it.There is a phone number but it is 50p a min .Thanks in advance
by sharing if you mean can 2 of you each put 10kg of clothes etc into one suitcase to allow you to go to the max allowance of 20kg(from 1Nov), the answer is yes - families do it all the time.

However, when its friends you also have to have trust that what your friend puts into your suitcase is legal !! And dont forget the question at checkin when you are asked 'did you pack the bag yourself'.

If you mean can you each put 15kg into one suitcase (not having got to your baggage limit of 20kg each) the anwser is no as the max limit of any piece of luggage is 25kg and even this would incur 5kg excess baggage costs.

This is my thoughts and hope this is of some help. If Im wrong I'm sure someone will tell me.

Chris
There are some airlines who have stopped the pooling of luggage allowance where if travelling in a family group the total allowance can be calculate as the number of people X the allowance.
Sorry just to re check if my husband and i are traveling and have an allowance of 18kg each can one of the cases weigh 20kg and the other 16kg.
leyland lass,

Good question. The website says that if you travel after 1 Nov your allowance is 20Kg each. The assumption therefore is that if you fly before 1 Nov its only 18kg and if you go over 18kg you pay the excess. Clear as mud !!!!

Chris
We fly regular with Jet2 and have never had to pay excess, my case is always right on the limit or just a bit over the 18kgs but hubby's is always under & they have never made us pay excess baggage. I suppose also it depends on the check in clerk on how he/she feels on the day. Maybe they are now getting more strict as they are charging £10 return online & more if you do it at the airport to book your luggage in. My hubby now refuses to pay to check in baggage when you have paid for a flight ticket, thats his perogative and travels light, but who knows I may just end up paying extra excess costs which i wont be very pleased about just cos he has this thing about paying the baggage cost. The airlines are milking us for" extra for this extra for that" . Are we being ripped off, I think we are. Wonder what the check in baggage charge will increase to when the allowance goes up to 20kgs in November? Its gone up twice since it was introduced in April.
Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.