Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
JET2.COM
1502 Posts
That sounds quite expensive for May I'd be shocked at that cost.I think cheap prices have flown out of the window Jo, with all these little extra bits they are charging for now, but in comparision to train fares mile for mile they are still very reasonable. Its just hitting the right price at the right time on the web, & once booked never go back into the airlines website as you may well be upset. just look forward to your holidayonce you have booked the flights. Cheers Jayjan
Hello,

We need to book a flight to Pisa for the end of May next year. We will be flying out on a Saturday and would prefer a north east airport.

At the moment Jet2 have flights from Leeds Bradford for £130 each return. The flight prices from Newcastle are not out yet but would the prices be any different? Shall I hold out a few more weeks to see if Newcastle flights are any cheaper or just book the flight for £130.

Also, how much is it for car parking at Leeds Bradford? I tried to get a quote but it didn't bring anything up?

Hope someone can help.

Popsy x :D
Hi Popsy .. with regard to parking, you may find some useful info in our LEEDS BRADFORD AIRPORT Q&As topic.

David :wave
Hi Jo

Just to be fair to Jet2, there are dates and times you can travel in May, June and July to Palma (for example) for quite a bit less than £500 for a family of 4 - the price of a grand is the back end of May, the half term holidays! Also Jet2 quoted prices now include airport taxes so there is only luggage and insurance to add on. Having said that I do agree there does seem to be an increase in the price of flights and I have not yet checked the prices of other operators to compare.

I know a lot of people don't like the fact the prices increase in the school holidays but unfortunately this is not unique to Jet2.

Regards

Tippi
I'm about to spend well over a grand on 6 seats summer 2008 but where do I stand if they were to go bust like EU Jet did? I can't see any financial security info on their site at all.
Tippi I see your point about it being the holidays being most expensive but I work in school myself so am restricted.This has been the case for a number of years for me so when I make a comparison of a few hundred pounds for flights and a thousand pounds this time I am comparing directly school holiday prices.
Anyway they have done me a favour looks like I am off to the house of the mouse instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 new routes for Jet2 from LBA next summer. Madrid, Geneva, Crete, Paphos, Jersey, Hamburg, Avignon, La Rochelle and Olbia.
Budget airline plans major expansion from Yorkshire hub

Jet2.com has unveiled its single biggest route expansion for next summer from Leeds/Bradford airport.

Eight new routes are to be introduced including package holiday destinations such as Crete and Cyprus with fares starting at £48.99 and £58.99 one-way respectively.

Jersey will also be served together with Sardinia, Madrid, Hamburg, La Rochelle and Avignon.

The new flights all start next May as the airline set a target to fly 3.5 million passengers from the Yorkshire airport by 2010 - one million more than the current annual total of all flights from Leeds/Bradford.

The additional destinations will increase the airline's routes from the airport to 36, representing a 20% year on year increase in capacity.

Additionally, flights to Geneva and Lanzarote will operate year-round and Paris will increase to a twice-daily service. Flights to Belfast International will also increase from two to three times a day and Toulouse will expand to two flights a week.

The airline also announced that it alone plans to fly 3.5 million passengers from Leeds Bradford airport by 2010; one million more than the current annual passenger figures for the airport's entire operations.

Jet2.com chief executive Philip Meeson said: "Today's announcements are very exciting and form part of our strategic plan to significantly raise the profile of Leeds Bradford International Airport.

"Our unprecedented route expansion today includes top sunshine destinations in two countries we've never served before; Paphos in Cyprus and Heraklion in the Greek island of Crete.

"More people than ever across Europe are now only a short flight away from Yorkshire and we are raising the profile of the region. Our latest route expansion will continue to target both business and leisure travellers and further drive tourism into the region."

Airport managing director Ed Anderson said: "The addition of eight new routes for next summer, many of which have never been served before by scheduled services from Leeds Bradford, gives business and leisure travellers a superb choice of destinations from their local airport.

"It represents the largest number of new routes ever added to the airport's portfolio in a single announcement."

The new routes are:

1.. Hamburg (Lübeck) from £19.99* starts 1 May, four times per week

2.. Madrid from £28.99* starts 2 May, four times per week

3.. Jersey from £28.99* starts 24 May, three times per week

4.. La Rochelle from £28.99* starts 24 May, once a week

5.. Avignon from £33.99* starts 22 May, three times per week

6.. Sardinia (Olbia) from £33.99* starts 3 May, once a week

7.. Crete (Heraklion) from £48.99* starts 20 May, once a week

8.. Cyprus (Paphos) from £58.99* starts 4 May, twice a week

*Lead-in fare, one way including all taxes

With permission from Travelmole
Hi there. how diligent are jet2 about hand baggage. Their measurements ;"46x30x23cm (these dimensions are different to those stated on the DFT website, due to size constraints on our aircraft)". Seem quite small and the smallest case with wheels we can find is 50cms. Any smallre and it hardly seems worth taking!
charliegirl007,

As long as the bag looks about the right size, they don't normally get there rulers out and check. The storage bins on the 737 and 757's are plenty big enough so that statement isn't quite accurate, it's just to persuid you not to bring too much with you! They are actually larger than the upper deck of the 747-400 I've just come back from Mauritius on! They didn't bat an eye lid when I flew with them in June with only hand luggage with a flight bag the exact dimensions allowed.

Darren
hi, flying from blackpool to murcia in a couple of weeks and our flight leaves at 6.15 am.
how long can we reasonably leave it to check in ? last time we got there 2hours before and we all had to wait for the check in staff to appear 20mins later !
thanks
juby 5,

Blackpool is a lovely little airport to fly from. I would check-in online so you don't have to bother with check-in then you can just arive at the airport and go straight through to departures 40 mins before your flight is due to leave (unless you have bags to drop off, but thats easy enough). Much easier than checking in! If not, check-in is advised 2 hours prior to departure.

Darren
thanks darren, do i just go on to the website to check in ? have never done this before, we will just have one case to put in the hold.
cheers
juby 5,

Online check-in makes things so much simpler. You might not be able to do it for your return flight, but it makes your flight out of BLK so much simpler. Just follow the links for on-line check-in on Jet2's website. If I can do, you'll be able to! You can select your seats that way (I always do it to get my favourite window seat), but there's a charge of £2.50 per passenger (or at least it was when I did it in June).

Darren
thanks so much darren, wow, its a revelation ! more sleep for us ! have to agree, blackpool is a crackin little airport, only 50mins from where we live, wonder if they'll ever do long haul ? i suppose the runways not long enough thinking about it !
cheers again,
juby
juby 5,

Only 30 mins for me and I'm off to BLK on a photo shoot tomorrow! BLK's runways are only big enough to handle up to Boeing 757-200's so there's no chance of long hauls. Tenerife is about as far afield as you'll get from BLK (Jet2's service commences next month). There's a thread dedicated to BLK here.

Darren
Has anybody flown Jet2.com to Tenerife? What are they like?
Seem to have good prices for next year.
:lol:
givemeabreak,

I've never flown with them to TFS, but Jet2 are a decent LCC and use Boeing 757-200's on those routes. I wouldn't have any hessitation booking with them for the right price. My flight reviews are on page 20 of this thread.

Darren
I was wondering if JET2 fly from Bournemouth, yesterday i noticed that there was a hanger style thing that said was JET2'S but on the website i can't find any flights from there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.