Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
PS:
I've just noticed that if you click on the picture of the pool on the link in my previous post, and enlarge it, you can see the lane that I'm on about.
You can see the lights and all that green foliage is the reeds that grow in the stream....so the lane runs between the hotel boundary wall and the stream.

Sanji
Hi Wn5 I found this on the owners direct website at
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S1533.htm
Maybe the studio would be OK for you.
I have also found the Palm Beach Clubs own website that will give you more details at
http://www.palmbeachclub.com/Index.htm
http://www.palmbeachclub.com/mapbig.jpg
Right, How do I go about telling them that they have stole my PERSONAL map from off HT.? I've only ever put it on HT.

I didn't think anybody was allowed to lift any info from off here.? Isn't that copyright infringement.?

Here's my map, which I keep doctoring in paint as the different questions pop up, no two people can write and circle El Pinillo the same....
The person who circled El Pinillo station for me, was a chappie I know who works in the Pez Espada.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=134187&p=1345753&hilit=map#p1345753

Serena, a good find, but Palm Beach club is a good 15 mins walk to the area the poster was asking about. just thought I'd mention that.

Sanji
thanks for all your replys, sanji i will enquire about the sol one, serena, i have stayed at the palm beach and enjoyed it but begrudge paying an extra 30 euro's for aircon and i fancied being a bit further up near the montamar area, thanks again for all your help/reply's
A bit of encouraging news about the camcorder"¦..
My oldest lad came to visit last night and he was in a far better mood, than he was when I told him about the camcorder on arrival home. (moody kids/men for you) :roll:

Anyway, he's quite good with techno things and he said that usually electronics like this, after a drop from a height, they just don't work, full stop.
What he thinks has happened is the following"¦.
I mentioned in my previous post about most the footage being no good because it's like a "fog" on the playback.
After looking more closely at the footage and the camcorder, he thinks that when I dropped it and it hit the tiled floor in Malaga Airport, it dislodged the anti-glare/protective lens that I have on it, to protect the actual lens of the camcorder.

By being lose and me not noticing this, it has allowed moisture/condensation to get in between the two lenses"¦
In the apartment we kept all our valuables in a cupboard in the bedroom adjacent to the bathroom, solely because there was another lock on the door and thinking about it now, it was quite cool in there, in comparison to the rest of the apartment.
The camcorder and other stuff were placed inside the cupboard on the tiled floor and the cupboard locked, then when I took it out into the sunshine/heat, it was exposed to temperatures on the other end of the scale, and condensation appeared between the two lenses.

This is only a theory, but it sounds logical"¦"¦I can't replace the lost footage because it was a "one off thing", but it sounds more encouraging than rushing out to buy another camcorder and I'll have to use it at home to see "how it goes"...I'm not techno minded in any shape or form, I just point and record and it never crossed my mind to think about the lens being lose.

I'll try to get around making the videos this week-end and I'll upload them in the video library ASAP"¦.some won't be of the quality that I would have liked and some important scenes will have to be dumped, but no use crying over spilt milk is it.?

I'll just have to go back and do it all again. ;-)

Sanji
Sanji

Lend me your camcorder and I'll take it with me when I go in November.

Just thinking I might save you a trip ;)
Dave
Just thinking I might save you a trip

Nice try Dave :rofl
Earlier tonight, I had my finger hovering over the button to pay for a decent deal in November.
I'll have to have an executive board meeting tomorrow morning with another Dave .....oops I mean today now, looking at the time.

Nite nite

Sanji
Hi there.
I've uploaded the video(s) of the Romería, I've done it in 4 parts because I just didn't want to "hack it" to death.
I've had problems working around the rubbish scenes/condensation and the max file size for upload, and shrinking hours of footage into minutes.......
I wanted you to see, what I saw.

Enjoy.!

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=139998

Sanji
Sanji they are excellent, I particularly liked the bit on the first one where the oxen are pulling the statue, that's lovely. The dancing and general atmosphere made me want to be there! Thankyou for sharing, Linda x
Going to Fuengirola on Thursday is it still warm in the evenings or are sweaters advisable?
Sanji,
I can't see anything in your videos, just a green striped screen but I do hear the sound..... :que

Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat
It might be a good thing to ask in the computer forum about this, those brainy techy people in there, will probably be able to tell you what's wrong.
I'm not techno minded.....I hope you get it sorted.

Sanji
Hi Pat, the videos worked for me ok, so like Sanji says, you may be as well asking in the computer forum. I hope you do get it sorted as they are well worth watching...... :tup Linda.
Thanks Linda.
I do have a couple of more videos to upload when the site has settled down again....
oh boy, it was frustrating trying to get those parts of the Romería uploaded, I think I surprise myself and had the patience of a saint. :rofl

I don't know who won the prizes for the best decorated cart and tractor, but this one would have had my vote....
I wonder why. ?.... :lol:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2700/lacari.jpg

Sanji
Lol Sanji, I can see why you would vote for that, it's beautiful.
I admire your patience with the videos, so many people get enjoyment from them. I await your next offering of videos.... :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.