Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

Glad you like it,

I got hooked 5 years ago, on trip back to airport i said i'd never go back to LYKIA WORLD !! but have been back every year and sometimes twice !!

we are going on 8th june '09, yes back to lykia world but like to go into olu a few times,

was everything open ?

on the tempeture thread is was saying upto 20-22 degrees so was it warm or hot to go swimming ?

gregg
Hi Gregg.... the temps were a lot higher than expected, my son was in the pool some days from around 10 am til about 6pm when we needed to dress for dinner.. he would have stayed longer if he could! was usually around 27 or 28 degrees so well warm enough for swimming!!... However, the week before we went it rained almost every day!!.
Not everything was open, but in the week we were there we could see more opening by the day and many were getting ready to open... i personally found it just right for us, we wouldnt have wanted it too much busier.
I am trying to find a week for next month!!.. I am hooked on the place and paragliding!!. wow!!.. I could do that all day long!!...
callygirl

i will send private message to you now
really glad you had a brill time callygirl and your family enjoyed it as well the weather is a gamble this time of year but it worked out for you ok good luck with your rebooking :sun2
Hi Maverick!... thanks, we were very lucky with the weather, i was expecting spring~lke weather but was more than happy with it!!...
If you come accross any place I can get a good deal for Olu deniz resort hotel..... please, please, please let me know!!.. I really want to go back and to the same hotel, it was the most beautiful place...
Hi Cally, So glad you liked Olu Deniz, I think we are going to like it too. Going on Saturday for 10 nights to Sun City.

Pleased to hear that things are opening up, didn't want to be the only ones around.

Hope to read your review soon.

Marn.
Hi Marn.... I think you will love it in Olu, its beautiful.... try to go paraglding if you can... its the best feeling and I am totally addicted to it now, so much so that I want to get a paraglide license myself!!...
The views from the air are stunning... and they will also video you if you want it... and a guy is on the ground taking pics of you comin in to land... i bought the lot and am more than happy that I did.
There were plenty of people milling about the resort so you wont be lonely...it was just nice as far as i'm concerned... not too busy but not feeling like a ghost town either.
Enjoy your trip.. I did and am already trying to book again for next month!!..
im not back till may the 8th off to istanbul first but if i hear of any deals i will let you know :sun2
Sorry Cally, but the most I will be doing is this ':sun2'

At 72 years of age there's not much else I can manage, apart from the odd beer or two in the afternoons. :rofl

Is there anything you can tell me about Sun City?

Thanks, Marn. :cheers
cally welcome back, glad u had a good holiday, ive just read your review it was very informative, we will be staying at this hotel in oct and it will be daughters birthday whilst there so im glad to hear the kids club is good for the children, hopefully they will do something nice for her birthday. im also relieved to hear the food is good , as last year some of the food reports werent as good as previous years. we are staying in lykia for 1 week and olu deniz resort the second, looking forward to it

karen
We go to Lykia World on 6th May only our 4th visit cant wait now
was a bit worried about temps as taking my step son and his girlfriend and didnt want them dissapointed as we love it so much.
But seems temps are good saying that though its is very pleasant here too.
Glad you enjoyed your trip wondering about paragliding myself this time.
Just read your review cally. :tup I have always fancied staying here, sounds like it's a great hotel.

Doe :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.