Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
just back !
16 Posts
GREAT an nice positive post :cheers
glad you enjoyed it, seems like you had a great time
J
It sounds fab, just my kind of holiday :sun2
Sounds just the job bushbaby. We go to the Nazri in Baga on Thursday and are going to try the Cliff shack. At sundown we will have a drink there and I will think of you! Thanks for reminding me about it.
Any tips re the hotel, or are you writing a review on here for it?
Not boring at all BB, just sort of sums up what I will be doing next week (not rubbing it in that you're back and I am still to go) :D
Glad you enjoyed Goa for what you wanted out of it, a damn good holiday !
As a fellow foodie I was disappointed to hear you had a poor meal at the Oriental as I have recommended it several times and ate there frequently without a single poor meal.
Couldn't agree more about Kim Faa, mediocre and overpriced for what we ate on the one occasion we went IMO.
Cliff's Shack is somewhere else I have recommended several times too as the perfect get away from Baga beach. I hope too many people don't take us up on it though as it will be so crowded on that little beach !!!
Lovely report. We too are off to the Nazri next month. Liked the look of Cliffs Shack but wondered whether it would be easy to climb back over them rocks after a few drinks when the sun had gone down and it was getting dark. Wouldn't want to take a tumble!!
Thinking the same thing myself.

I,m sure we stopped there last year for a drink,we were trying to see if we could walk to Anjuna,but i wasn't feeling great&thats as far as we got but i would imagine it would be abit hairy walking back.

Great report,we go just over 2weeks & such a positive reports really gets us in the mood :sun2 :cheers
That was a lovely read Bushbaby! :)
Your report really cheered me up, I was beginning to think I was the only one, who still enjoyed my trips to Goa.

xx lassi
Thankyou I really enjoyed reading your report, just a month until I go back .......can't wait :)

I think I will try O'Pescadors, I have been past many times but never got around to trying it.
Ive always loved O'Pescador and visited once sometimes twice each holiday. However, the past 2 holidays ive not been, I think its gone downhill a bit (just my opinion of course ;) ) Must admit it is a nice setting inside the restaurant.
Ahh....O'Pescador! Went there a couple of seasons ago, and my partner described the fish dish she had as "superb".
My meal? :( We also noticed that a "we didn't have this" KF had been added to t'bill. Good thing we ALWAYS check :)

Last season, service and food took a steeeeeep dive!! No apologies; that's what WE found.
We have given O'Pescador a miss the last 2 years as well. Used to love the food here but last time we went we didn't enjoy it at all, not just the food, the atmosphere had changed too. May give it another go next time, maybe we got them on a bad day.
we had never been to o pescador before so have nothing to compare with but we did enjoy all our meals there (4). however there is one waiter who is very pushy with the wine list. we are quite happy with the madera at 550r but he tried his hardest to get us to have banyon tree at 1100r,saying that its much better,even though he had already told us that he never drinks alcohol !.we had already tried it at our hotel,only 750r and didnt actually like it very much. we did also notice another couple querie their bill about added kingfishers, but our bill was always correct,and i always check it. i suppose its like everywhere,you can get an off day and be unlucky, as i think we were at the oriental.
hi moles kent. the hotel is really good. it has a lovely pool and grounds overlooking countryside. we were in a standard room and it was fine, very new and bright,really good shower room with a powerful hairdryer. they have huge comfortable beds with four big fat pillows,flat screen tv and good balcony.the mini bar is really well priced - eg kingfisher 40r,bacardie breezer 60r.water 20r. we were on the 4th floor and they have 2 lifts. i would say the only let down is the breakfast. its cereal,toast,juice and tea/coffee plus some indian dishes,but if you want omelette,fried or scrambled eggs you have to pay 70r. its the first time i have come across this as we have always stayed in 3 star hotels and these have always been included. they also ran out of butter and marmalade in the second week,and i hate margarine! but its not a big problem as we are quite happy to have a late breakfast at a shack.the food in the restaurant is really good though. all the staff without exception were really helpful. there is a poolside bar and a lobby bar that is open as long as someone wants to drink there. would definately return there if we could get a good deal again but i bet they put the prices up next season! if you need to know anything else let me know. have a great time - i wish we were still there!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.