Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Just Back
20 Posts
where did you stay?

those road works will never be finished. I know i sat on our balcony at palm beach and watched them, working :shock:

There is about 10 men working on a 2 mile stretch.

looking forward to your diary of bars you visited.
Hacienda del sol opposite Wigan Pier

I know what you mean about finishing road works but they completed about 10 yards in the 2 weeks we were there

Bar list ! please dont ask, dont think we missed many within 2 miles
Had to keep on the move to be able to smoke between bars
I fly out on the 11th May and I 'm staying at the Torviscas Playa are there any road works by this hotel? What was the weather like?
Hope I'm not :offtop

but at 10 yards in 2 weeks.....

I've calculated it will take them 13.5 years to do 2 miles :lol:
hi wooltonian,
did you buy any cigs in the reef ?
being a menthol gal ( i know , filthy habit , giving up after the hols ! )
just wondering about prices ?
cheers mate
I fly out on the 11th May and I 'm staying at the Torviscas Playa are there any road works by this hotel? What was the weather like?

The road is dug up from Bank Santander (patch T Junction) all the way past Veronicas (McDonalds)

Not sure where Torviscas Playa is, but if it is in Torviscas - no probs
hi wooltonian,
did you buy any cigs in the reef ?
being a menthol gal ( i know , filthy habit , giving up after the hols ! )
just wondering about prices ?
cheers mate

I'm a Superking mentholite myself.
E2.20 in supermarkets per pack
E18 for carton in Fag & Spirit merchants

If you cnnot go without, I know of three bars in PDLA that allow smoking, but cannot publish on open forum as this may give them probs.
Use messages if you need-to-know
I've calculated it will take them 13.5 years to do 2 miles

If that includes weekends, Holy days and festivals, you better make it 16 :D
Don't know what planet I'm on but I never thought about the ban on smoking while on holiday.
Can anyone explain to me how it will work on hols. Can you smoke in outside areas of bars?
Thinking of going to Canaries or Cyprus in October would one be better than the other?

Thanks

Michelle

Ps
Yes I know I should stop
We came back on 14th of April, staying in San Eugenio and never saw a no smoking bar. They all had a sign saying smoking permitted
Thanks for the reply, two weeks fri!! :D :D
small bars under 100 square metre are allowed smoking.
for bigger bars its a different story..... but a lot who initially said no smoking are reverting back to smoking now......... no names mentioned of course !!!!!
Last year in St Eugenes you had to go either to the back room by the pool tables or outside. Is this still the case? I dont know the dimensions whether its 100m square or not
We came back on 14th of April, staying in San Eugenio and never saw a no smoking bar. They all had a sign saying smoking permitted

I only saw 1 place with a smoking allowed sign in PDLA.
Yes you can smoke in outside areas of bars or outside on the streets.
But whats the point of going to a caberet club and spending half the night on the street.
One thing you will notice is the carpet of Fag Ends outside of bars and on the streets.
Unless they get empty barrels full of sand on the streets the place will end up a pig sty.
Didn't see a street cleaner once while away this year either.

At least I'll know what to expect next time
yes. the smoking area at eugenes is at the back bar
But whats the point of going to a caberet club and spending half the night on the street.
One thing you will notice is the carpet of Fag Ends outside of bars and on the streets.
Unless they get empty barrels full of sand on the streets the place will end up a pig sty.
Didn't see a street cleaner once while away this year either.

At least I'll know what to expect next time

Now you know what to expect at home too come July.
Here in Wales the smoking ban has been in for 3 weeks, all you see is people stading out in the street smoking & piles of fag ends outside just about every pub doorway. :?
piles of fag ends outside just about every pub doorway

People who litter the street in such a way don't deserve the comfort of indoors
Was reading this recently. Hope they get it sorted out soon,for all those who stay in the area during their hols.
http://www.tenerifenews.com/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idcat=8&idart=5903
:offtop
...But to carry on from what I was reading before.....Looks like it's definitely closing down now.
http://www.tenerifenews.com/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idcat=8&idart=5992
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.