Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ooooooooo off to read your report, i have booked these apartments for next july!

glad you had a fab time!
You'll love them K&R. We had an awesome time.
Laurence
can i ask you,

are the showers really that bad?

several reviews have mentioned them as being awful, we are also thinking of asking for a direct taxi transfer from the airport, is it worth it?

thanks, karen.
Yes the showers are rubbish however we were on the ground floor, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the water came from the roof so if you have an upper floor apartment you may fair better than we did. The other thing was we tended to shower about 5 ish and probably in conjunction with the rest of the occupants so this may have added to the problem.

Taxi transfer was brilliant for us. We paid Ali £50 one way (it sounds alot) however speaking to other people who used the First Choice service, their transfer was anything from 3-4 hours! What they fail to tell you is that they do drop off's in Marmaris first then Icmeler second. The Palm Gardens would be one of the last drop off's because of where it's situated.
The other thing is that the driver of the transfer coach is legally obliged to make a 20 minute comfort stop midway from Dalaman to Marmaris.

What we did was have the private transfer one way, and use the First Choice one on the way back. I tried Icmeler online for a quote and they were about the same price.

If you do use Ali at the Palm Gardens, he will usually ask you to buy some spirits from the Duty Free shops at Dalaman before you go through passport control. Don't worry he paid us fair and square and it's all above board.
Hope this helps, any more you want to know just yell.
Laurence
Just managed to upload some recent pictures of the Palm Gardens in the Icmeler folder of the Turkey album.
Laurence
thanks

cant wait to go, it looks lovely and clean in the photos, did you ever struggle for a sunbed?
Not really, there were plenty of sunbeds and beanbags to lie on. The ones that get the sun all day are opposite the apartments. The beds nearest to the apartments get the sun from about midday onwards.
Laurence
thanks for the tip, i think we will have shady ones!!!!!!!!!

we may need them in july
Hi ya, we have booked these apartments for next aug, it's our first time to Turkey and some have said it's nice and some people say it's not. Will have to go with an open mind, the apartments do look nice, can you tell me if the pool gets really busy - thanks
Well we went in August so at times the pool was busy but usually when they turn off the water slides the kids got out and the pool was empty.
In my opinion, i'm not sure how people could fault these apartments they were fantastic. It was everything we wanted. It depends on what your expectations are. I booked 3 star apartments, thats what I got. Don't forget that these are only 2 years old so everything still looks new.
Laurence
Thanks Lawrence, glad you had a good holiday, we went to Tsilivi this year and loved it, we like small complex's as the kids are older now and dont do kids clubs (he he). Palm Garden looks very similar in size as this year so really glad we booked it. When we booked this holiday we was advised by out Travel agent to take Euro's - can we do that ??? she said they prefer you to pay in Euro's. Seems a bit weird to me. Thanks :lol:
Well I've never found that in Icmeler. In that area things are usually priced in £ or YTL not Euros, this is because the majority of visitors to this area tend to be British. However if you venture further south to Alanya, Antalya or Side where the majority tend to be German then things are priced in Euros and YTL. Having said that, im pretty sure the shopkeepers will take any currency, even dollars, but we just stuck to sterling and YTL.
Laurence
we have always gone to bodrum, and you can pay in turkish, euros or english, we have only ever taken a bit of turkish and the rest in english and never had any problems
thanks guys :D wont bother with the Euro's then looking forward to using a different currancy will make a change. Also can you tell me if the complex is near the beach ?? and what is the beach like ??? also can u tell me if sunbeds were a problem. I was having to get up and 7.30 this year so that we could get a sunbed. Not good when you have just had a late night hehe What was the temp out there, when we was in Zante we had a heatwave and it hit 46 degrees and it was very very hot, no breeze at all. Some people have said that there is a breeze in Turkey, awww that would be nice :D
Hi there Nikki,
The Palm Gardens are about 10 minutes walk to the beach but Ali the owner will sometimes give you a lift there. The beach is ok mostly shingle, with some stretches being better than others. Sunbeds were 2.5 YTL all day hire, and the promenade is lined with restaurants and places to get cold drinks and snacks.
We did find you had to be up early to get the best sunbeds but otherwise there was always one available for late risers. Having said that we did go in peak season so it was busier.
Temperatures should be cooling slightly. As we went in August we had temps of 45-50 degrees. Yes you are right there was a slight breeze, usually hot!
Laurence
daft question here..................
how early is EARLY?
Mmmmm well there was one couple who did a 5am shift :? Why on earth they needed to do that i'll never know. Generally people started reserving about 8am ish. You always get the odd selfish idiot though don't you. The ironic thing was that the couple who got up at 5.00 never used the beds much because it was too hot for them. All they did was moan about the heat, and the fact they usually came at the end of September when it was more comfortable for them :shock: .
Laurence
Thanks Lawrence, we only normally go to the beach a couple of time's the kids much prefer the pool. We had a few people this year getting up early for the sunbeds, some people were even putting there towels out over night. I've been hearing alot about the markets and how cheap they are, did u get any bargins ???? and wat about the Turks do they hassle the kids, I will have a 15 yr old girl with me and wont like it if they start touching her which some people have said they do
wat about the Turks do they hassle the kids, I will have a 15 yr old girl with me and wont like it if they start touching her which some people have said they do
I've been 3 times with my Mum and Dad - the first year I was 15 and I never got touched by any of the Turks. Just be cautious, they're only trying to be friendly - everyone makes them out worse than what they are, if you happen to come across one that tries to touch her then just put them in their place and they will soon stop. :? Hope this helps.

3MIN3M4
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.