Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
does anyone no if rambo,baz,are still their from last year
if they are not anyone no where they have gone
i spoke to captain ali about 3 weeks ago . and he told me it was all new staff for this year. i dont know where they are.
we go on the 26th of june so will know more then
Just got back from palm gardens yesterday and have had the best holiday yet. :) The apartments are really clean and spacious, with toasters, hairdyers etc. The AC is good and the pool area is great, especially the slides. the Dads enjoyed the Splashmaster competition every day, trying to see who could create the biggest splash on them.
The bar and kitchen staff are all new this year. Mehmet the head waiter speaks excellent English, as does Caffa the Barmen, Sonney, Yelsin and the chefs we named Big Cook, Little Cook were brilliant as were Gershin and Dodo the cleaners who keep the place spotless. At the weekly BBQs and Wednesday night lottery party the staff are all encouraged to join in which was great, especially when we dressed up Little Cook as a belly dancer, who put on a great show :lol: (so good he collected a few tips inside the black bra I let him keep so they can provide the same fun for the next lot of guests)
Ali and Sebastian were excellent hosts, always friendly and helpful and to show our appreciation we cooked them roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding on Saturday which they loved.
A group of 26 booked a jeep safari from Erokoy which was a great day out, it even resortred to Ali getting the hosepipe out as they were leaving. My son said its the best he's ever been on.
The familys at the Palm Gardens all got on so well that we even had a Footy match, England versus Turkey down at the football ground past the Old village which was organised by Ali who had a great time playing but could hardly stand the next day. Unfortunately due to the Heat we lost 14 - 2.
Ali little boy Effe provided us with lots of laughs, he thinks he's one of the breakdancers (2 Years old), he loved having a ride on my mums mobility scooter and told us all he woved us. He's so lovely and with Ali's wife now expecting twins, a girl and a boy Ali is as proud as Punch. :D
I could rave on all night about what a great time we had, hope the familys there with us will be returning at the same time next year for more fun. Definately going back and would highly recommend the Palm Gardens to everyone.

Shaz150
:cry:
It is good to hear all is fine, : we are taking my daughter husband and 4 children all of which have never been out of England before, we love Ichmeler so it is good to hear that the palm garden apartments are ok :D :lol: :o
Hi Shaz we are going here in August, do they do B&B upgrades there at all? And do you have to pay for air conditioning?
Laurence
Hi Lawrence
Not sure about upgarding to B&B, have you looked in the brochure? B&B has never appealed to us as we like to venture out and eat at different places and there are plenty not far from these apartments. We ate breakfast a few times at the Palm Gardens. Very nice and I would recomend the "menamen" its delicious. its like a cross between an omelette and scrambled egg with onions and peppers, really tasty, especially with the lovely turkish bread.
The apartments have a hairdryer in each bathroom, which was better than the travel dryer I took with me. It costs £25 a week for the AC. We found it worth every penny as my Mum struuggled with the heat and the air quality this year. Its only in the bedroom but if we left the door open it did keep the living room fairly cool. I would imagine you will be pleased of AC if you're going in August. Most of the time in May/June while we were there it was at least 105 degrees in the shade but we were told it was the hottest it had ever been in May before.
Super gran
Your family will have a great time, my Son ashley (13) said its the best holiday yet. Its the first time we have stayed at an English Only apartment ( One year he was the only english child amongst Scandinavians who didn't speak English and was left out and ignored.)He has made so many new friends, and the parents all had a great time knowing that the kids were all happy and enjoying themselves. We all said that we will be returning at the same time next year. Can't wait, wish we could go back in September.
Shaz150
Thanks for that Shaz, do you you know of any particular room to request for a good view or a quiet room? I'd like to email them in advance. Were the drinks pricey there?
Laurence
Hi Laurence
We Were given a first floor room but as my mum has mobility problems I asked Ali if he had any ground floor rooms available. He gave us the ground floor apartment which is nearest the bar and restaurant area. It was lovely, cool, with a great view of the pool area and not at all noisy(being near the bar etc)
Found the drink prices slightly higher than some of the bars we visited (LOTS) but they seemed to all be competing against each other(large beer 99p in some bars) Didn't drink there all that much as there's so many place and friends to visit but usually had a drink before going out and "one for the road" when we got back late at night or should I say early morning sometimes.
BBQ night was good, lovely food, especially the Turkish revali Cake afterwards. The cleaners gave me a cooking lesson one evening and showed me how to make it. It's delicious!!! But the drinks flowed all evening and we were shocked when it came to paying our bill the next day. For the amount of Vodka my friend and I were supposed to have drunk, we'd have been out of it for 2 days, so keep a check on your bills.
Do you have their e mail address as I would like to send Ali and sebastian some photos and can't find it anywhere.
Thanks
Shaz150
Hi Shaz, thanks for replying. I've seen an email address on this site for the Palm Garden but for the life of me can't remember where. I'll have a look around the site and see.
Did you have to pay to use the water slides in the complex at all?
Laurence
Hi Laurence
The water slides are open from 10 -12 and again 3pm - 5pm and all free. A waiter is usually stood on the top to make sure that everyone is behaving. You are supposed to go down the big slide on your own but they do allow little ones to go with adults. Some kids tried to go down on lilos and big rings but this is also not allowed. When the slides are turned off the whole area seems so peaceful and quiet, once the water has stopped flowing. We had the chance to try scuba diving in the pool when a diving company came to visit looking for customers. I plucked up the courage to have a go and it was brilliant, once I remembered to keep breathing, but unfortunately we were unable to go out diving in the sea as they were only going out on Sunday and as we were flying home late that night it was not allowed. Would definately like to try it next year though.
There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool area but watch out for people from other apartments, the day we left one group had reserved beds with their towels on both sides of the pool so that as the sun moved round they could move with it. That really incensed us and think if we had been staying longer and it continued to happen something would have been said.
Shaz150
Hi I will be visiting these apartments in July could anybody tell me, do all the apts face the pool and is there any that are better placed than others. Lynne
i am going there in july i was wondering if anyone can tell me where about in icmeler they are and if there are any photos of them anywhere.
thier is photos on photo galleries under turkey you wont be dissapointed very nice i have been twice ali the owner is very good if you need any info just ask
Hi jcarey2536 I wonder could you tell me if all the rooms have a pool view.
Hi
All the rooms have a pool view.
Shaz150
Thats great.Thanks for reply.It looks really nice.Im looking forward to it now. :sun
thanks i had a look a the photos they look really good the apartments but can anyone tell me where about they are situated in icmeler :?:
Hi Josie
They are not far from the medical clinic which is near the erokoy travel centre. the street they are in is just at the back of the road where the wonderboys, Champagne bar and Oscars are.great location, peaceful but near to the centre. Feeling a bit down as we can't get in May as we usually do so going to Spain next weekend, not really looking forward to it much. Nothing compares to Icmeler :( . have a great time.
Shaz150
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.