Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Just a Thought
13 Posts
It should, yes ..... in fact, it does already up here! :)
Only problem is it will result in more smoking stops, and that only delays the long-enough journey! :(
Sunways coaches have introduced a no smoking policy on all their coaches. Thats fine by me, a non-smoker, but as you correctly say Cidermonster, it will inevitably make the journey even longer. Ah well, as I keep telling myself, the long journey's just part of the holiday! :D
I hadn't thought about stopping for smoke breaks , i cant see that happening though as doesn't it have to fit in with the amount of time a driver has . As a non smoker i have never been bothered, by people smoking in moderation....... but i honestly dont think allowances should be made for those that do by having more stops.

Perhaps i should contact ferris and ask what there policy will be
im going to try the virgin fear of flying course....
I should maybe book for that course myself!!!

I agree with Llindy .... i'm a non-smoker, and whilst i dont mind people having their quick fag during breaks, i don't think any special allowance should be made

Also, i tend to find that breaks are sometimes dragged on a bit by the smokers, probably because most of the drivers are smokers too ;) During the night i've always thought the breaks were sometimes excessive - you never get a decent loo break, but there are always lots of small 5 min breaks that always appeared to be geared up for smokers ... but maybe that's just my non-smoker paranoia!! :lol:
i believe that ferris will be ending the smoking rooms when the new laws take effect. i remember seeing something in this years brochure about this.
being a dedicated smoker myself, i have used ferris's smoking room -but only funnily enough when i was sat downstairs in the coach -but have no problem with them withdrawing it.
i have travelled with at least 4 coach firms to spain and find that they all stop about every 3-4 hours(except club c who seemed to stop whenever the driver felt like it) and that is sufficient for me.
all the companies seem to have some margin built in to their timetables anyway, and ferris and siesta seem to gear all stops to the times they need to get to where they pick up the bottom end drivers, so i cant see there will be any real difference to the number of stops.
now if only we could persuade the non smokers to stay in their seats until the smokers had got off at the stops.... :D :D :D
cheaper than you think I mean,
Flying bothers me too, but I have flown for the last two years and will fly again. I am "Ferrissing" it this year but that is just purely economical, my son has just turned 13, and we are taking is cousin who is the same age.
I have already stated that we are on the all incusive special in July, I will post a message to say which hotel has been selected, a similar holiday would cost at least £700 more.
It is an anticipation problem, already I am looking forward to this holiday, the problem is that my wife hates the coach journey, but the two boys enjoy the holiday atmosphere of the trip. I have already stated that we are on the all incusive special in July, I will post a message to say which hotel has been selected.
Those with a fear of flying may like to check out this thread in our Airlines & Airports forum for further info and advice:

FEAR OF FLYING ... what is it, how to overcome it, Q&As

David :wave
ferris did say if and when smoking ban came in, the smoke room would close.
Ye know, Jim ... i was thinking along similar lines!

However, i was thinking that maybe smokers could contain their urge and not trample their granny to get closest to the door 10 mins before the bus stops!!

Maybe im just thinking with my 'non smoking' head on ;) :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.