Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Kavos
76 Posts
I went last year in September for a week, As the last person said the streets are very dirty and does smell a bit by certain parts of the beach. Night life is great loads for bars etc, bars also showing movies, and have Sky TV as most countrys.

I personally wouldn't go again, but was a good cheap holiday. Transfer from the Airport was rather long as well.
My friend goes twice a year for the last 15 years they love it but are heavy drinkers and have bar owner friends over there, my son went and loved it, but my daughter went last year and said it was the worst place she has ever been put her off greece and she loves greece and works for airtours said it was a horrible place she is 27 and has been to a lot of places greece being her favourite
rosie
i went to Kavos in 2001 seems like such a long tima ago now. it was at the peak of kavos' popularity when it had just been on club reps the winter before. me and my boyfriend went together and it was our first holiday together. i was only 17 (well i turned 17 out there)

we had a great time met a few other couples great nights out. the resturants were great. there is a chinese and a mexican which are sister resturants next door to each other they were great. our favourite place to eat was a little place on the main street called the greek taverna they did the hugest breakfasts you've ever seen with a huge milkshake for a really reasonable price.

we hired a car because we were staying about a 10 - 15 min walk from the main stretch. watch your drinking if u have a car my bf was breat tested by the police in random checks. luckily he hadn't been drinking but dont think that the police aren't a presence there because they are.

don't stay at the sunrise apartments they're crap. too far from main street and 'costas' the owner gave us loads of hassle on our last day. we'd booked late check out and he tried to kick us out of our room. we ended up in another room elsewhere but it hadn't been cleaned and the electricity and water weren't working so it was pointless as we couldn't even had a shower.
Ok sorry to sound so negative but i went there a few years ago. As soon as i got there i cried. It was filthy our apartments where disgusting with graffitti and the shower was freezing. The beach was dirty and was full of dead rats and a couple of used condoms which said it all. If you want a holiday just for getting drunk its the place. But if you want a mixture of the two i'm sorry but its just awful. I was booked there for 2 weeks. Most of which i spent on my balcony getting drunk on ouzo. One couple actually payed for a flight home on the second day.
Sorry to make it sound so awful but i would warn anyone not to go there unless you want to be so drunk everynight you don't care and so hung over during the day you just sleep.
Hiya all, i havent been to kavos before on a mad party holiday, i am really tempted to go this year as i have hear it is such fun, anyone been end mid/end of september, is it still rocking or has it really really quitened down like a lot of resorts, ibiza is quiet then but i know greece stays a little hotter, i split from my partner of 5 years earlier this year and intend to enjoy my hols this year, im going to PDC in june...
went last year start of september was ok temps were quite high but not amazing all clubs were still pretty banging i recomend rolling stones and crash however was quite expensive around 5 euros a pint hope this helps
Hi all will the nightlife still be busy first two weeks in september?
If you have, would you recommend it for a couple of 20 year old girls holiday in august?

also, has anyone stayed at the seaside taverna hotel and astudios?

ali :-)
Hey! my boyfriend is currently in Kavos and he said it is 'Blackpool with Sun' if you dont mind roughing it then go, but if you want a decent hotel and a resort the doesnt smell i wouldnt recommend it!

Kylie x :wink:
I have stayed at seaside taverna and have been to kavos 3 times.
You will have great fun and enjoy yourselves.

It is defo not as clean as many other islands and drinks are quite expensive. Dont mean to be negative but rather tell you the truth

If you aint booked yet and want to go greece then go Malia. Better choice of nightlife and much better beaches. Transfer time is also much shorter.

Some advice. Book with Kosmar. Very cheap and places are well maintained. If not the argo are pretty good

Any more questions just ask away

Jamie .
My boyfriend got back yesterday from Kavos he said he couldnt wait to leave he said it was full of drugs and idiot lads looking for fights!!! he said a week would have been ok but 2 weeks was a nightmare!!
Alot of people had there apartments broken into!

sorry to be so negative!!!!

Kylie :wink:
hi everyone,

my best girl mate and i are going to kavos this friday, anybody going there at the same time??? were from manchester, and its my first girly holiday - looking to have a mad one!
Any one got any tips 4 holidaying in kavos????
Hey boys and girls, anybody going down to kavos this weekend? my best mate and I are going to live it up for a week on friday, cant wait!
would be wicked if anyone else was going too, so get back to me if you are! and can anybody reccomend any good clubs?

thanks
My first ever holiday abroad without my parents was a fortnight in Kavos back in June 1985. My mate and me, both 17 at the time arrived in the early hours of the morning. I will never forget that moment. We were greeted with the sight of a dirt track about 200 yards long and about 20 feet wide. On both sides of this dirt track were half built bars and tavernas. When I say half built, I mean that the bars and tavernas had been fully built and were open, but every building had no upstairs to them ! Just walls and half a roof ! All the bar signs were painted in bad English and there was no sign of any electricity anywhere. Oh....and the place stunk like a sewer full of rotton fish. This was the main high Street !
We found our room which was about half a mile from the nearest bar, dumped our bags and headed for the beach. It was fantastic, lovely sand and crystal clear water. There was a wooden jetty that looked more like a gang plank that jutted out into the sea. We spent the day on the beach, wondering what we was going to do everynight for the next 2 weeks. We shouldnt have worried, we went out that night and every one of the 15 or so bars was packed. It was so condensed that everyone got to know each other and the whole 2 weeks were like having our very own party in our own private resort ! It didnt matter about the power cuts every 4 hours, or that the only phone in the whole of Kavos was in the kitchen of a taverna. From this phone you had to book a time slot to enable you to get a line off of the island and back to old Blighty !
I remember bottles of amstel beer priced at 30 pence, and champagne at about £2. we became good friends with a bar owner called Rocky and his scottish girlfriend Anne. His bar was called " Enelax" for some reason ! He couldnt understand why the English found it funny and thought it was something you bought from a chemists when you had a bad stomach ! We suggested changing it to Rockys and we ended up painting his new bar signs for him. He had a DJ called Milly who was a complete fruitcake. We kept in touch for several years. Last time I went back to Kavos was in 1990. It had changed dramaticly by then, they had even got round to putting tarmac on the main road. I can only imagine the place thesedays. But those early years in Kavos the fishing village was amazing. The best and friendliest holidays ive ever had.
hi, i first went to Kavos in 1980 , age 10 ! great beach, great village and had a great time...went back over 10 times, first time with friends in 1987, stayed at Trabuskos Beach Club !? with Club 18-30, met my husband there in 1988 (he's english) and we last went back in 1989....very busy then, very loud and dirty...vowed never to go back...and we haven't. Such a shame as it was agreat resort with plenty of nightlife but sounds as if its now ruined. we then went on to Malia in Crete , Kardemana in Kos...seems these places are still the places to go......dont think I'd want my daughter to go though !!!!!! :shock:
kavos is a great place and has loads of brill bars!
Is anyone going to be in Kavos in JUly next year? If u r then mail me may c u there.....

Take Carex[/b]
Hi ya KavosChick

We're a small group of lads, possibly about 8 of us from the South East (Just South of London) and we'll be there from 30th June to 14th July, this when you're out there? :D
Huggy
xXx
Me and several friends are going to be going there on the 11th july for a fortnight, where you staying?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.