Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
hi all, had booked my holiday for the corfu aqua bech club for the 5th may 2006 but have seen on the forum that they had not started work on it and there was some sort of dig holding back building so after a long argumentative fight on the phone with first choice i was more than happy that they offered to change my holiday to the kos aqua beach club leaving glasgow on the 7th of june 2006 :lol: . but now ive read here that building work has not even began on this one either :cry: . i think fc are just fobbing us all of with utter crap...there no way a hotel can be built fully and up and running in the short time they have :evil: . so we will just have 2 wait and see what happens next but hopefully they prove me wrong...although i very much doubt it. does any 1 else think so :?:
Katie_b

Having read some of the reports for the Pegasos Palace and Tropical.(new FC Turkey hotel opened this May) We will be extremely lucky if things are up and running. We are booked from Glasgow on the 19th July and have seriously thought about changing. We booked using the low deposit and the full amount is due on 1st September. I think we will have to make a decision wether to change or stick with it by then. :roll:
  • Edited by lexy 2005-08-23 16:50:49
I have to say that first choice seem abit rubbish at completing on time.
If you look at Turkey, bulgaria, egypt and costa del sol, none of the hotels were up and running when they opened :shock:
But, maybe they have learnt there lesson,(lets hope) as the hotel has already been downgraded to 3*plus.
We travel on the 19 july and as of now, we will be travelling.Alot depends on how truthful they are.
We went to the new holiday village, 14 days before we flew, i asked FC if the building was 100% built- yes came the reply.
4 days later, we got a letter saying it was not 100% built :shock:
Fingers crossed, as it looks, and sounds fantastic..............
I am starting to get a bit worried about the hotel being finshed in time as we are going 24th May, think we are the first to go from this board.
I will start ringing buildings hotline once a month from Sept and just keep fingers crossed it will be ready, I f not would we get a refund because we have booked it because of everything there so is one thing is missing it will ruin our holiday! :evil:
It would depend on what was not up and running,i would think from past experiance that FC will be pulling out all the stops to have it done on time. The slides etc should be ready as this is a main selling point of the hotel,
my friend went to Tingaki in May and said how fantastic it is, the sea is lovely and calm with shelving waters, ideal for kids, and the sun sets are fab. She said it was a 15 minute taxi ride into Kos town, so it does not sound to isolated.
kos
The main resaons we chose this hotel is because of the wavelength clubs, swimming pools and waterparks, chocie of restaurants, beachfront and first choice entertainment team in residence so really if any of the above arent there then thats not what we booked so won't be happy :(
If it sounds like we are being fussy :roll: this met the exact list we had after just coming back from the Holiday village viva and realising what we were missing :D
Sam xx
I have a friend coming back from Tingaki on thurs 25th August she is hopefully having a look to see if she can find out where the hotel will be built (by may :) I'm not really bothered about being in the middle of nowhere because the hotel sounds like you won't need to venture out much anyway.
Sam xx
katie b i am flying from glasgow the week after you on the 14th June, and catching up on this thread i am seriously getting worried now....dunno if any of you peeps have been watching package holiday undercover, they showed a couple of weeks ago numerous complaints from another hotel in greece which was exclusive to first choice in which they were taking in guests to the newly built hotel but there was still building work going on, half the hotel attractions wasnt open etc etc .... just not sure this is gonna be what its all cracked up to be :roll: and ya know what these holiday companies are like once they had ya money its then put up with it and then a huge fight for compensation when ya get home.
ive been on the phone to fc again and they have asurred me if the hotel is not finished 2 weeks b4 my departure i will be giving a full refund or i can change my holiday to another hotel....which in my mind is no good as there is a very slim chance the will be anything else available 2 weeks b4...so how do u tell 2 kids there not going on holiday. im really really hoing its finished but i am also hoping if its not there honest with us all , i think we deserve that. :D
We feel the same, but have told the kids if its not built we will cancel and go to disney world in america the following year.
Kos Aqua beach has everything we are looking for(so it says in the brochure)so i am not going to cancel unless i really have no choice
Hi all, I have just booked to go here for the second 2 weeks in August. I have been following what you have been discussing for a while now. This place just seems so perfect and like all of you we are really excited about it. I just felt that I had to book, if it does all work out on time(which of course it will!) and I hadn't booked I would of regretted it big time.
in all honestly those of you who have booked for july onwards i feel wont have a problem, its scheduled to be finished for the begining of may if anything those who are booked may and june are the ones that need to panic...i tried speaking to FC today and just keep getting the same answer as all you peeps if its not completed in time you will be offered an alternative holiday or a full refund 2 weeks prior to leaving...not the answer really when my husband has a team of staff and has to book his holidays 12 months in advance to be given a refund 2 weeks before departure and perhaps not being able to get another holiday....i wish i had never booked this holiday and i have asked if i could cancel this early and was told yes of course you can but you will lose your 600 pound deposit.
When the Holiday village opened in May last year, those that went at the beginning had a brill time ( most of them )There was still some bits to complete such as pavements to finish, trees to plant ,that sort of thing- I for one could live with that for 2 weeks, as long as the pools, slides and resuarants are up and running.
I know the point is it should be all complete :shock: But if its not i only hope its just the cosmetic bits that need finishing
Hi All

I have been snooping on this site for a while now. I almost booked to go in July but changed my mind at the last minute. Ever cautious, I took the easy route and decided to wait until 2007 (booked Cuba instead with Eclipse for a 5* 24 hour all inclusive at much the same price as Kos).

Hi to Karen - Lou here from the HV forum. I am sure the Kos hotel will work out just fine and I am looking forward to reading your review when you come back. It is a shame because we would have been there at the same time and I could have thanked you personally for all the advice you gave me on the other forum. We had a great time.

I'll keep in touch with this forum because I plan to visit the Kos hotel soon.

Regards

Lou :lol:
Sorry - just another bit of info for Genise.

I was a bit worried about hurricanes in Cuba and had a web chat with an Eclipse rep today about changing our holiday. The cost to change to another Eclipse holiday is only a £30 admin fee each and the balance of your deposit is carried over to your new holiday. The date I was given for changing the holiday at this price was the same date as the balance of my holiday was due so this should give you time to keep up to date with progress and decide nearer the time (ie 8 weeks before).

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Regards

Lou :lol:
yes thanks i think i will speak to FC again with regards to this because in all honesty everytime you speak to someone you get different information and i am sure if we do decide in the next few weeks to change our destination surely the deposit could be transferred or something ...i would rather pay just a little bit more and have piece of mind hehehe...my hubby is saying ahhh go with the flow i am sure it will all be ready hehehe :roll: and cuba sounds ooooo wonderful but the luck i have i would def bring hurricane weather with me hehehe
Hi lou, what a pity you wont be there the same time as us- that would have been lovely :lol:
I guess i will be the guinee pig and test it out for you :rofl
But you holiday does sound much nicer :lol:
All I can say is that on the road between Tingaki and Marmari, (Or in that area There was a water park being built. It wasn`t on the coast line as there was a road between it and the beach.
The water park was large and appeared to be almost complete. Maybe it was another water park but it was in the right area and the slides looked the same as the ones in the photo.
Maybe this is one that will be open to the public? We weren`t aware of the Aqua Beach Club when we were there in June but it did seem to be in the right area.
Ive booked for June 28th 2006. If the water park isn`t there maybe the wife will let me go to Germany to watch the World Cup Quarter Finals!!! :lol:
That sounds good :lol:
I know there is already 1 waterpark in Kos, the 2nd one is for hotel guests only so hopefully its the first choice one you saw. FINGERS CROSSED......
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.