Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
Hi All,
I have just found this web site about Kos it is brilliant!!!

http://www.kosinfo.gr

I asked a question about the Aqua Beach and got this reply:
:lol:

Author Topic
AmethySt
Forum Admin

Greece
122 Posts
Posted - 25 February 2005 : 13:18:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a published article in the Travel Times, a new hotel in Tigaki has been scheduled to be built by the J. Zervos Group of Companies.

The estimated cost of the new hotel will be 22 million Euros and the hotel will accommodate 1200 persons. It will also boast the second water park in Kos.

Topic
saunders, yes we had this problem with th Holiday Village in Spain, with firstchoice, 10 days before we flew we received there letter telling us it was not fully built, so we went to Turkey instead. Citizen, that looks promising, well done for finding it. karen
Hi Karen

Just a thought about the downgrading of all the Aqua Beach Clubs. May be
First choice are covering their ars**. If the hotels are not completed by the date they say(May 2006), we as customers (according to their charter) have one of three options: Either :

A. We can cancel and get a full refund.
B. They have to offer us a lower grade and refund the cost difference.
C. They have to offer us a similar or higher grade of accomodation.

It seems to me that is their ploy to downgrade to lower standard of accomodation, so as to not have a lot of paying customers asking for a full refund. After all how many 4* are their in Kos operated by First Choice!!!!! Just in case the build is not completed by May 2006.

I am conviced that this property WILL be offered as a 4* by the time their summer addition (Final) has gone to print.

Citizen
hi all when we contacted fc last week we were told building work hadnt even started
im really worried about this as we go on 3rd may
so if we get the option to cancell we may just do i mean do you think they can build this hotel in 10 months im not so sure

linda :(
All i know is wheni spoke to them they said they had so many complaints about there new 4 * hotels not being up to a 4* they had downgraded it to ensure less complaints. When we received our letter regarding Spain, i asked them to offer alternative accomadation, they said if you want to change, find it yourself! I dont think we will change as it sounds so nice, karen
I'm going there in May next year and have been assured will be finished. Leaving 20 May and quite excited about the whole thing.
Will let you all know how I got on when I get back, and will watch this discussion with interest before I go!
That would be lovely. We dont go till july so will be dependant on all you kind people to give us feedback. karen
Hi Karen,

I have booked to go to the Aqua Beach 19th July 2006. Told the
kids (9&14) they cannot wait, just unfortunate that the 14 year old has to go as an adult, First Choice told me not to declare her age as 14 but 12!!!
No way would I do that it is aganst the law. Cannot believe that the First Choice girl told me to. You are flying from Manchester aren't you. We have booked the 07.10 am from Gatwick and the Kids Den Room.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Citizen
Hey, we are there on the 19 july as well :glynis Flying from manchester at 7.15 am i think. Have a 13 year old boy and 10 year old girl ! The kids are happy because of the water slides! Get ready for the mozzi's though. We have booked sea view, and king size bed, cost £2500, can i ask how much you paid? Thats with the eldest as an adult. Could have got it cheaper but didn't want rubbish flights. karen
Hi Karen
With Kids Den and kingsize bed, upgrade in flight and 14yr old as an adult £3,350 exclusive of insurance. Could not get a free child place but got a discount of £70 for 3rd adult, gee thanks First Choice !! Like you could of got it cheaper
by changing flight and booking over the internet. But we have used our local travel agent for every holiday. They are really helpful.

I have heard about the pesky little mossies, will just have to cover up from head to toe and smother myself in Jungle Formula. Ooops forgot about the Mrs and the kids them as well!!!

Citizen
We have got to find insurance, What are your kids? I mean boys/girls? I would keep watching and if the price drops, pay£25 per person to amend your booking :lol: We have booked through our favourite travel agent but they did match firstchoices price. Checked Kos weather at 8am this morning and it was 30c, do the apartments have air con?We have not yet received our letter explaining the drop in *'s. karen
Hi,

I haven't rec'd a letter advising that it has dropped from 4* to 3*+ either :cry:. I'm sure they will be sent soon after the finish dealing with the enquires re pegasos palace/tropical for this year lol.

I'm also going on 19/7 and flying from Glasgow with hubby and 2 boys who will be 15 and 12.

Will keep an eye open for anything new in here, and if I hear anything I will let you know. Getting ready for this years holiday and go away on 7/7, so probably won't be on much before then, but if you guys hear anything, please post.

Thanks

Lee
Hi Karen
Just out shopping with the Mrs, yes the apartments are air conditioned. As to the kids girl 14, boy 9. As to the grading I do not think
that they are going to down grade it as before I am convinced that by the time the final summer brochure comes out it WILL be a four star.

Citizen
The air con in the holiday village-spain was brilliant, i am glad they have it in kos as it will be unbearablely hot in July.Looks like there will be a few of us there from the 19, Oh well only just over a year to wait........................karen
hi all iv just paid the balance on our holiday and enquired about a price reduction and have been told there will not be one as they say its still worth the price so never mind

only 10 months to go kids caint wait any one traveling on 3rd may

linda
Hi all

Didn't cancel the holiday after!! We love Kos and we really want to go so we will just play it by ear!! :roll:

Hope you are all excited!!

Keep in touch and let us know if you hear anything re:building work

Take care

Tash xxx
Hi all, I am too thinking of boking for 24th may 06, but a little unsure as its not even started yet, where did you all book I got a price from first chioce travel agents today for 2456.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids for 14 nights, I have found it cheaper on the net, anyone got it any cheaper anywhere else?? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sam
Hi Samij
Booked mine through a local travel agent, the price on the internet (which I presume is the First Choice web page) has always been cheaper. What room type did you get the quote for and what time flight from where.

Citizen
Hi, i got the price off the net (eclipse direct ) then went to local travel agent and they matched it :lol: karen
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.