Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Appollo and Darren - I think it was on a forum I read someone had flown in September and was complaining they could hardly get the tray down! It didn't say where from but went to Cyprus....
Sue
Hi all and Happy New Year!

I've booked some flights with KTHY to go to Antalya in April. When I booked them, there didn't seem to be any question relating to payment for hold baggage (used to flying Ryanair and paying for everything!) - does anyone know if this is included? I've looked around the site, but it doesn't seem clear whether it is or not (well, not to me at least! :think

Just don't want to get to the airport and have to pay a mega charge for bags.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
hilshols,

Baggage is including in the price of the tickets as far as I know. They aren't a no-frills airline like Easyjet / Ryanair. Baggage allowances and excess charges are listed on KTHY's website.

Darren
Yes it includes baggage and a pretty good allowance at that . I'm fairly certain you get a meal of some description too.
Hi Lynwestie and Dazbo

Thanks very much, you have put my mind at rest with your super quick replies.

Hilshols :wave:
Hello,

Does anybody know when KTHY release their flights for July 2011. I've tried their sigh but it only let's me look to May 2011...

Thanks
Ruth
I'm fairly sure it was around Oct last year .
Just thought of another question - does anyone know if you are only allowed one bag per person in the hold, or does the quantity of bags not matter, as long as you doen't exceed the total weight allowed?

Thanks in advance for your help....

F45+
Thanks for that.

We fly in 2 weeks with them. Have you used them before? I've not had any confirmation as yet, just the 'online' tickets which I printed. I'm guessing I should call to see if my times have changed...?

Just looking around for next year, sadly, I'll be committed to the good old school hol's due to daughter starting schoold Sept. I've looked at agean so far but KTHY were good when I booked last year.

I'll keep a look out for Oct then. Thanks
Ruth and Carmen.
Ruth, we flew with them in April this year. Everything was fine until we got 2 people from the check in desk when we were told that KTHY staff had staged an unscheduled strike (I don't think they'd been paid) and the flight was cancelled!!! :( As it was my daughter's 16th birthday as well, it was very disappointing. We had to hang around the airport for hours waiting to find out if we'd be able to fly that day (our flight was supposed to be 10am). Eventually we were told 36 hrs delay!! Great. We had to check into a hotel and ended up flying at 10pm the following night. Making the best of it, we had a lovely day in Cambridge!! So that shortened our week's holiday. Mind you, on the way back to the airport, I rang to check flight was on, but cancelled due to ash cloud!! Unbelieveable!! So we got an extra week's holiday in the end!

Hope nothing like this happens to you!!! Just our luck, I guess. Certainly a holiday I won't forget in a hurry! Mind you, we loved Turkey and I'd go back like a shot. Flights were fine though, food OK, staff not very smiley, but maybe because of the pay situation!

Have a great hols! ;)

HH
That's great... Just what I needed to hear!

Hopefully all will go well, fingers crossed.
Sorry Ruth, didn't mean to worry you. Loads of people fly with them with no probs, it must have just been our rotten luck! :whoops

Hope everything goes well for you and have a great holiday

Hh
No worries, I'm sure it will be fine, fingers crossed.

Does anybody know if you get in flight meals onboard? Or do I need to carry food on? I'm unsure. We fly on Sat morn.
Yes you do get in flight meals and a decent luggage allowance included . Well you did last year when my nephew last flew with them.
Ah ok, thanks for that. Yeah the luggage allowance is 25kgs, quite good compared to some airlines.

:cheers
Hi, I'm unsure if this question is one that can be answered! BUT, I'll ask anyway ;)

I'm flying with KTHY on Saturday, going from Terminal 1. I was wondering for drop off purposes if I can find out what desk numbers KTHY operate from? Do they have set desks or do they change from flight to flight? It's been a while so forgive me please :cheers

I'll be traveling alone for the first time as a singleton with my 4 year old and just want to make things a smooth as is possible :tup

Thanks in advance,
Ruth and Carmen
ruth24s,

KTHY don't have assigned desks usually, they are allocated a couple on the day. I'd expect them to be around 29-30, but this does change, assuming it's Manchester you're flying from. Just have a look at the screen as you enter the terminal and it'll tell you the desks they're using.

Darren
Sorry Dazbo, yes it's Manchester. I'm forgetting your not psychic!!

Thanks for the info, I'll just keep a look out.

:cheers

Oh this time tomorrow, can't wait.x
I am reading reports that KTHY flights are suspended - must stress that I have not seen any official confirmation yet but thier website is being 'updated'.

John

Looks like it's true.......
http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=60301
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.