Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
La Siesta Hotel
42 Posts
SueDerbyshire,
We have just got back from La Siesta 40 mins ago so will answer your iron queiry. You can hire most things per week from Irons, kettles, DVD players, cots etc, there is a long list in reception (only spotted it this morning on the way out). A kettle was 12Euro/week or 20Euro/2 weeks. Not sure of the cost for the iron but a cheap one in Visanta electrical shop in Santiago 3 area I spotted last week was 9.90 Euro so it may be cheaper to buy one and leave it if you have no extra weight left. We had a Club alexandre room with a pool view which we thought was worth it and you can have 2 hrs a day free in the spa, sauna, indoor pool, jacuzi etc. Taxis can be found either just outside the entrance or turn left when you leave the hotel entrance and you will see more about 50 meters up the road. If you want any other info post here or pm me.

Regards
HC
His Sue.

Going to the Siesta on 20th Jul, Myself, Wife, and daughter (8).
1. How was the food.
2. Is there a mad rush for beds early morning. Or can I stroll down at a descent time and still get one.
3. Is there a kids club.
4. Is the Superior rooms worth the extra. Ive booked one
5. More importantly -- Is the Hotel Bar good. !!!
Thanks
Colin - Northern Ireland
hiya colin I went there 2 years ago so here goes

1. Personally I didnt enjoy the food. I found the themed nights to offer some bizare things such as tripe :yuck I suppose it depends on your taste. Salads are nice, but my husband who is a steak and chips man struggled some nights for decent food. Chips are not available every night, mostly boiled potatoes.

2. Yes I am afraid there is a rush in the morning for beds, but thats the same anywhere.

3. No kids club as such but the do have an animacion team that do pool games.

4. My opinion is the the superior rooms are not worth the extra money. All you get is the pool room. dressing gown theat you can buy for an expensive amount, some fruit and extra toiletries. You do get 2 free hours in the spa, and when i booked i had to pay adult price for my 13 year old.. I assumed that it would entitle her to the spa but only people aged 16 and older are allowed.

5. The bar is ok, but expensive. The are some good irish bars around the area so might be a lot cheaper to go there.
How was the food.

It is a hotel so it can be hit or miss

Is there a mad rush for beds early morning. Or can I stroll down at a descent time and still get one

Nope it doesn't matter where you are on holiday there is always a mad rush. Go the beach instead.

Is there a kids club

Not sure but if there is agadoo here we come.

Is the Superior rooms worth the extra. Ive booked one

Let us know when you come home

More importantly -- Is the Hotel Bar good.

Nope it is a hotel bar so it will be twice the price that you can get from outside. So buy your cans from the supermarket.
Just returned last night. Had a good 2 weeks. See my report for this hotel in the Hotel Reviews. Lots of road works going on in PDLA. Not good for the eye unfortunately. I thought PDLA was too spread out. A smaller and quieter resort would be Los Christianos. Lots of nice restaurants quieter pubs with entertainment. Plus the beach in Los Christianos is better. Well there is no real beach in PDLA. Only rocks and gravel. If your a travelling with young children I would recommend Los Christianos. PDLA is full of young tenagers on the booze down at the Veronica end. Not much enterainment for the kids in PDLA. My 8 year old had a great time by the hotel pool but did not enjoy the night time. There was old trampolines on the sea front. They were dangerous as there was bits of wire sticking out of them. The only other thing we found was the kids bungie jump. Apart from that there is nothing for kids to do in PDLA at night time except watch mum and dad have a beer or 3 in some of the pubs. Plenty of pubs with some naf entertainment. But were easily pleased on holidays, Hereford Bull had some good nights. Chubby Brown and Freddie Star lookalikes were on Tue & Thurs. Very funny - worth a visit. Blading Races - Big 7 foot Transvestite called Roxy - He/She was very funny. Thats me for another few months anyway. If your going to PDLA have a good time. :glynis
Hi, we leave on Friday to spend a fortnight in the La Siesta. I've been keeping an eye on reviews and am a bit put off by the comments about having to get up at 6am to get a sunbed! Lol But otherwise everything looks great and I'm really looking forward to it :)
My quick query:-

*Hairdryers - are these supplied and are they of the fixed to the wall variety? Don't want to pack mine adding to luggage weight if there are perfectly good ones supplied! (we have booked an upgraded room if that makes any difference)

Any comments (whether about hairdryers or otherwise lol) most welcome!
All rooms have hair dryers. Try Lasiestatenerife .com
Hi Cara - I have just come back from 10 days at the La Siesta in a superior room and loved it hoping to go back later in the year.

There are hairdryers in the bathroom but they are not very good. If you have long hair that you want to dry straight then take your own. Alternatively the hotel recommends a company that you can hire all manner of electrical goods from. I think a hairdryer is about 15 euros for a week.

The sunbed situation is a bit of a pain as we were sometimes up at about 7.30 and there were loads with towels on although we did always manage to get some - if you want round the pool then you will need to be up really early. Another tip is to avoid breakfast at 9.30 am and dinner between 7-8.00 pm as the restaurant gets packed at these times and the queue for hot food can be a bot long. If you are HB then you can swap your evening meal for lunch which is good.

If you need to know anything else don't hesitate to ask and enjoy :D
Hey guys, thanks very much for the responses. Especially thanks to Lesley_G - its always good to get some advice from someone who has first hand knowledge. It does sound like the sunbed situation is a bit of a pain, but since you are hoping to go back it sounds like the good points outweigh the bad :) Really handy to know that we can swap evening meal for lunch - we usually go SC but got a good deal on the HB so just went for it, although we do like to go out in the evenings to try different places so that's great news :)
We've booked flights for next summer for 20 nights and have got quite a good price for half board at la siesta. Just wondered if it was worth paying the extra for a superior room as its costing £200 for this between us for the duration. Would we just as well booking standard room and requesting a pool view wondered if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks guys :D
Hi.

Yes.Yes.YES I would pay the extra. The superior room gives pool view and a larger room. Some of the standard rooms look out onto a wall or a car park.
The hotel is two storey. My choice would be, top floor facing the main reception, you get late sun and it is quieter. I belive the numbers start 3, but not sure.
Suggest email for a plan and reserve a room.
Enjoy.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whats the deal for the 20 nites :0) can I come
:D Thank u for that. Have now booked La Siesta in Superior room and its worked out cheaper for 20 nights than we would've been booking a package for 14 nights. Just goes to show. got flights from Globespan (the day they went on sale) and booked room with holidayroomsdirect. as they only take £25 deposit pp and the rest 3 weeks before you go. Anyone know if the cost of the safe is included in the room - as it is in Bitacora and if the hotel provides pool towels. :lol:
Hi, we returned from the La Siesta last week and the cost for the safe is 2euros per day plus 15euro deposit which you get back when you check out. The mini bar/fridge is well worth the 24 euro's plus 15 deposit which you get back at the end like the safe. It is filled when you order it and then you can just refill it yourself from the supermarket.
How much is it a night to upgrade to a Club Alexandre room? Have already booked a standard room for over Xmas & New Year through Travel Republic - I wasn't given the option to book a superior room at that time. Would I be able to e-mail the hotel in advance & pay for the upgrade or have I got to wait while I get there? Just wondered what other people had done.
When I went I e mailed the hotel and booked it through them Cheaper than through a travel agent, however dont expect lavishly furnished rooms etc, all you basically pay for is the view of the pool a few extra toiletries, and 1 free hour in the health spa. Not worth it in my opinion
Does anyone know if this hotel has a football pitch as it says in some of the hotel descriptions there's a 5 a side one and in others there's no mention.

Thanks in advance. :tup
No footbal pitch. Med Palaace has one, if that helps.
hi anyone stayed at this hotel recently do you know what they are charging for safes in the room for 10 nights
thanks from sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.