Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
La Siesta Hotel
42 Posts
I can tell you that the La Siesta went through a refurbishment in 2004 and it was gutted from top to bottom only the walls were left when they wsere doing it. It cert6ainly looks good from the outside and looking in the reception it looks nice too as for the upgrade if the work done to the reception and surrounding area is anything to go by then it should be worth the extra.

As we currently do not have a review on this hotel could you post one on your return.

Thanks

allmen

Edit : It appears the hotel is listed under Siesta hotel and not as La Siesta
in the hotel reviews section.
Review here
no problem. Would love to do a complete review, so I should pack a pen and paper so I dont miss anything out.

If any one has any other info I would love to hear it.

We originally were going to go to the Bitacora next door as we have been before and enjoyed it but the Siesta was 200 cheaper for some reason.
Hi

the la siesta is the same as the siesta for which i posted a review in march.As for the upgrade,yes its well worth it as you get pool view which is lovely.We had a great time and couldn't fault the hotel at all.If you don't smoke its worth also asking for a non smoking room.

jeanie
just remembered I have there web site its http://www.lasiesta-hotel.com You can e-mail them with any requests. I did this and they were very helpful.

jeanie
I am trying to decide between a standard or superior room at the La Siesta. Any advice ? - Is the upgrade to superior room worth the extra cost and is there much noise from the non-poolside rooms as the hotel is next to a busy road ?

Thanks in advance.
definitely go for superior, much nicer to look onto pool than road or worse still what looks like a graveyard for old sunbeds.

jeanie
Wife plus 8 year old daughter have booked a Superior Room for 2 weeks end of July. Has anyone been there. Maybe you could give me the low down. Regards, Colin, Northern Ireland :lol: :lol:
Have not stayed there,but went past and needed a wee.Went in and it looked like a really nice hotel, and a excellant position.You will not be disapointed
Hi Colin

stayed at siesta last march and had a wonderful time.Your right in getting a superior room as they all look out to the pool and a very nice pool it is. The standard rooms can have a bit of a naff view onto the road.
Food good with a good selection.
When we were there you could pay for the contents of the minibar and once empty you just use it as a fridge,unless you want it refilled of course.worked out a good deal.
Sure you will have a great time we did. :)

regards jeanie
Hi Colin .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing 3 page thread, which should provide some useful info for you.

We also have a separate reviews page, please click here.

David :wave
To late now have just booked 2 weeks at La Siesta in June for my wife and I. Thanks for all of the comments, helped us make our minds up.

HappyChappy.
Liked the Siesta when we stayed there last Dec, however, the food wasnt as varied as most 4 stars in the area, in my opinion thats the only thing that let the Siesta down. Everything else great though.
Hi Novalux
Sorry didn't take many pics, but if you go onto the First Choice web site and look up La Siesta they have some fab pictures of the hotel, I always use that web site whilst looking for hotels I havent stayed in because it always has such a great seletion of pics. Hope that helps Enjoy your holiday.
Claire
We are stopping at the above hotel next week and am trying to find out if the Club Alexandra rooms have irons in them, I don't want to have to take my travel iron if need be, can anyone help please?

Also, we are going to need a taxi when we arrive at the airport, are they easy to find? are they just outside arrival entrance? We always seem to go in the opposite direction when trying to find somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Sue x
Hi Sue
Can't help you with your 1st question unfortunately,but yes there are normally taxis in abundance at the airport and even if there's a long queue you won't have a long wait. They are very easy to find,just out the arrivals entrance. You definitely won't miss them. Have a great time. :D
Try Lasiestatenerife.com,the hotel website,can't see amention of irons but you could always email them to find out
Club alexandre rooms do not have an iron in them. Have you paid for an upgrade on the rooms? If not, just see if they have a pool room when you get there. We went last year and they had allocated a pool view room but in my husbands haste, he asked to be upgraded and they gave us the same room and charged us for it :evil: I dont think the upgrade is worth it for a bathroom robe and "designer" toiletries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.