Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Are you with or without children ?
I ask because the Vulcano is an adult focused hotel.
I am off to la siesta next friday for a week. I will add a review on the hotels section when I come back. I have to agree with the last post. The Vulcano is a stunning hotel but suited for the older client. If you have a family try the Bitacora opposite. Stayed there 2 years ago and it is stunning.
We stayed at the Vulcano 4 years ago, and are going back again in September so think that speaks for itself!

It's in a great location, easy walk to bars and restaurants but far enough away to get a decent nights kip. As previously stated it does cater more for adults which suits us fine as no kids running amok in the dining room or round the pool. I know people who have stayed in the Noelia and Siesta and both said they were great hotels.
Vulcano for sure if youve no kids in tow!
Vulcano or Bitacora win hands down.

It can be cheaper to book the hotel direct, we always do it this way.

http://www.springhoteles.com/

Joe.
Hiya
Im actually in Tenerife at the moment and we are staying at the Noelia Sur - its a really nice hotel and worth its 4 star rating. We stayed at the Bitacora last year, and again an impressive hotel. Vulcano I have never fancied, my husband was talking to a couple who had been placed there due to lack of room in the Noelia Sur and they wasnt impressed at all, but everyone has there own opinions, some of the write ups I had read on the Noelia Sur was not to good, but my family and I are really enjoying ourselves so much so that we dont want to come home :cry:

Check out the Hotel reviews but remember some people are very picky.
We have stayed in all 3 and I would put them in this order,
1. Bitacora
2. Vulcano
3. Noelia Sur
This is my personal choice, have been staying at the Bitacora for many many years and really cannot fault it, we will be back there in 7 weeks.
Just out of interest what is the food like at the noelia at the moment..I stayed there a couple of years ago and thought it had really gone down hill and haven't been back (I stayed there on 4 previous occasions and thought it brilliant)...I also didn't like the "two" sittings arrangement for dinner...On two occassions we were asked to leave as they were getting ready for the next sitting!....hardly adds up to a relaxing meal..

Agree with Geoff the Bitacora is tops...never stayed at the "sister" vulcano though that looks good too....
well i am just back from noeila sur but i was supposed to stay in villa tagoro, well nothing has much changed from when you went, the two sittings for evening dinner are still the same and we too experienced the terrible situation as you getting told to leave as second sitting was coming in, to cut a long story short we were told wrong time to arrive for dinner and on the first sitting you had to be at your table between 18.30 and 19.15 and you had to leave the dining room by at least 19.45-20.00 but we were told to be in dining room for 19.15 and when we were up getting food we were told to stop taking food and they were taking all the food away :roll: and then they come up to our table and tell us to move and were very igornant i must admit i have never encountered this from hotel staff before. Most staff were ok but some were really rude for the whole week we were there. We ended up changing to the second sitting which was from 20.00 onwards but on the day we were leaving they changed the sittings first one was at 19.30 and second one at 21.00. The food was ok but i am a picky eater but my brother and his wife and my partner did ok there was the usual buffet style stuff soup, fish, chicken vegetarian stuff, pizza, and steaks etc and breakfast was the usual sausages, scrambled egg, toast, yougurt, cereal, fruit etc quite a large selection but on a whole we found the hotel really good and it was very clean.
Geoff is the expert when it comes to the Bitacora and i must admit his advice is spot on. I am off to La Siesta next door on Friday and cant wait.
Me & hubby stayed at the Noelia Sur april 2005 and although the hotel is beautiful , it is run like faulty towers. We have never seen a hotel run so badly, a lot of the food was cold, and we were on first sitting. Breakfast time was a farce, there was always at least one fruit juice machine out of order , tea machine too, in fact one side of the dining room, would be totally out of action because of problems .Look under Smith from Stockton on Tees on the hotel reviews and you will see all our complaints about this hotel. We are staying in the Vulcano april 2007 so here's hoping for a better hotel .
Just back from the Noelia Sur yesterday and I really have to say that we experienced none of the above written complaints - we stayed in the dinning room on most nights till gone 8.30pm (we were on the first sitting from 19.00 - 21.00) our waiter was fantastic and gave us a free drink most nights, my advice is to go and see for yourself, myself and my family would go back to this hotel without a doubt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.