Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello Dotk, I to am going to Lagos this summer and have been to Lagos on day trips from Albufeira so have been looking at some sites for Lagos, you can get some bars and restaurants of the site below. I must point out though I have not been to any of them yet.

http://www.lagos.me.uk

and you could have a look at this site as well for some good info on the area.
http://www.simplylagos.com

http://www.portugal-info.net

I did see that two bars do Karaoke they are The Irish Rover and the Bar O.Artista.

Dave.
If your daughter is a talented amateur,Mullens bar/restaurant sometimes have an open -mic night.From my experience the acts there are pretty decent so,unless your daughter is reasonably accomplished, maybe the Amuras bar on the Marina or O Artista (opposite the Hotel Tivoli Lagos) would suit her better.
Have you a link to the property then we can maybe help what is nearby? :tup
Hi

Many thanks for all of the responses. Having checked the website for our apartment there is no exact address but the following description: Situated just 1km from Meia Praia, one of the Algarves longest beaches and close to the lovely Marina and its restaurants, in this delightful town of Lagos.
Thank you for the tips re the singing - our daughter has sung professionally before so the talent night sounds ideal.

Best Regards

Dot
Lagos is quite large, a town rather than a village. The Marina area is lovely and has quite a few bars and restaurants in it's own right. One had live music on weekend nights. You walk across a bridge, which of an evening in July last year was quite breezy, so I popped a pashmina round my shoulders and then walk for about 10 mins to get into the heart of Lagos.

You will be spolit for choice here regarding bars and restaurants all interspersed with little shops, it's no problem to fill 14 evenings. I am wondering if you are staying in the Marina Club Apartments where we were last summer as many are owned and rented out privately. If so they are fine and you should have a good holiday there.

You will read reports of building work going on in Lagos which are true but I can honestly say this didn't spoil our enjoyment of this lovely town and in late July the sites didn't seem to have much work taking place so no noise interferance (probably too hot) although of course depending on your view they can be a bit of an eyesore. Marina & pool view apartments are probably a safer bet as you tend to know what you are going to be looking at.

Enjoy, Doe :sun2
Sounds as if the apartment could well be in the Albardeira development, just uphill, behind the Marina.I can't see an apartment in the Marina Club being described as 'close' to the Marina when they actually form part of the Marina complex.
The Amuras bar on the Marina has karaoke occasionally, whilst Lazyjacks normally have a guitarist/singer most evenings.
Pop into Mullens,near the Riomar hotel, early doors and check when their open mic. night is - I think that'll be best suited to your daughter's standard.
For a small fee, you could always get a street entertainer's licence from the Camara (Town Hall), set up outside one of the open air restaurants and pay for your holiday (don't forget to take a hat to collect the euros in !! :lol: :lol: )
We are also staying in a privately booked apartment near the Marina?, I am not sure of the name , but it is on "Quinta de Santo Antonio" :que
Do you have a website reference ? There has been a lot of development behind the Marina in the past couple of years and it's quite likely that your apartment will also be in the Albardeira development.If you can provide further and better details,I'll do my best to help.
Hi Sagres, The details about the apartment are on http://www.holhomes4u.co.uk , I put the address in google earth and it appeared to show a large curved apt block with 2 pools near and tennis court.
thanks
The thumbnail shot of the pool at the top of the page shows a background which leads me to think that my guess of the Albardeira area may be correct and this would tie in with the walking times to the Marina and the Town.
Yep, just checked Google Earth and it's in Albardeira.The road from the roundabout to your apartments is up a 1 in 6 hill, so you can add another two or three minutes to the walking times on the way back,but the outward estimates seem accurate.Should you not fancy the hill after a night on the town, then a taxi ride will set you back about €4.Shout if you need more help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.