Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Haven't heard about this, hope your wrong though.

Wilson ;)
I would be really surprised if this was true ,not heard of it either and i am of the same opinion as Wilson hope you are wrong.
Bluepeterno1
i also hope you are wrong, my mother lives near marmaris and she hasnt mentioned anything !!!
Have to agree with the above posts & hope that this isn't true.

No disrespect GB, but there are masses of places that cater for stag parties that want to get hammered & watch strippers. Please god, don't let Marmaris become another one of them!

One of the things that we really like about Marmaris, is that it is a very family friendly resort, with a general lack of big hen or stag parties.
Couldn't agree more !!!! Lets keep the resorts family friendly :think
I dont like to stand in anybodys way for having fun, but if these clubs are going to open in marmaris, it will really lower the tone in this lovely place! :(
I have searched everywhere for information about this story ,including turkish newspapers and cannot find any reference to it . I think and hope that it is just a story. Maybe chelsea boy could find out more and let us know.

Bluepeterno1
I can't see the authorities sanctioning something like this.

Wilson ;)
The nearest you'll find a lapdancer, is on a Turkish Night at the local Hotel.

I've been going to Marmaris for many years and this is the first time I've heard Lapdancing mentioned.

Ekin Legend

:sun2 :sun2 :cheers
if you want this kind of ''activity'' go somewhere else
I can only speak for Icmeler and I do know some "people in the know",so to speak, and there is not a "cat in hells chance" of it happening in Icmeler,I dont think they have any intention of compeating with, Falaraki,Aya Napa, etc, and I think a "stag Do" will be rather dissapointed !! if they appeared
Peli
i echo everyone elses opinions on this - please no not in marmaris

plenty of other seedy resorts in the world

but seeing how much the government/council have clamped down this year on shops etc i can't ever see anything like this happening - it is a muslim country after all
I don't really see the problem myself....................a sexily-dressed girl dancing around a pole is no big shakes these days. I know that they have them in most countries now.

In Turkey they would be quite tame in comparison to the brothels they run. Indeed, it's the police who actually make sure they're run smoothly. So a poledancing club would hardly be deemed outrageous in comparison to that.

I've seen transvestite belly dancers in Marmaris whose acts have been vulgar and crude, so a girl dancing around a pole would not be more offensive than that. Besides, if they do open one no-one HAS to go inside!!

Of course, from a personal point of view I find these sort of places cheap and tacky, but you have to move with the times, and they are now seen as tame and acceptable. So I can understand an entrepreuner Turk seeing the Lira signs before his eyes at the prospect of widening his market. If they can bring in men for stag parties (not to mention the locals who live there - plus single male holidaymakers) they will do it I suppose.

I agree it's a shame to open one in a tourist resort, but they make big money - and in Turkey money is King.

Anyway, Marmaris has always been Blackpoolish and tacky so I can't see it making much difference. Look at how some of the bar boys prance around half naked dancing suggestively and crudely on bars! What's the difference between that and women doing it?

Strawberry
oh strawberry - you have opened a wasps nest there!

there is absolutely no comparison between marmaris and blackpool whatsoever - marmaris isn't as tacky and as vulgar as blackpool, not by a long way

as for the transvestite belly dancers they don't exactly go around thrusting their bare breasts and crotches into peoples faces now do they - they are pure family entertainment which is suitable for kids and lap dancers certainly are not are they :que

we are not saying there is a problem with lapdancers, if thats what people want then fine, go and spend your money on that, but go somewhere else - do not taint marmaris with that seedy reputation that has been given to so many other resorts worldwide - keep marmaris clean and child friendly

and yes although the turks love to make money they are still respectful of their country's culture and religion
Hi Alizda,

I think we're all entitled to our own opinions - and my opinion of Marmaris is that it's tacky. Other people may find it classy. But I don't.

Having said that, I went there for a long weekend and rather enjoyed it! We can all fancy Saveloy and Chips once in a blue moon. Same sort of thing. But I wouldn't want to spend 2 weeks there; 2 days is enough.

As for the lapdancing thing.................I confused that with poledancing. They're different things I think?

Strawberry
I'd really hate to see that sort of thing in Icmeler, to be honest, but at the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest even more here, I'm with strawberry on one thing - tacky is the only way I would describe Marmaris. I once spent a day in Blackpool and that was a day too much, and I feel exactly the same way about Marmaris. Sorry, I suppose it's a case of horses for courses, but give me Icmeler any day!
as the OP's question has been answered now I am going to lock this topic for now
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.