Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Will you really be that desperate for a drink???? if so take a can or 2 in your case,i can't believe anyone can be so worried as to ask that question... do you want the local AA contact number ?? :really
squirrelchops

I'm the same as you, I can murder a drink after travelling for such a long time, I have a couple at the airport before departure but then thats it until I arrive. You may find a couple of late bars open but I normally just have a one or two beers at the apartment before retiring, just winds you down nicely after a long day.

Have a great holiday in June

Dave

p.s. I don't need the local AA number, I've been a member of the RAC for years.
VIVVIAAN
we were all young once ;)
I have to say, that once we've unpacked, if its late at night we unwind with some of the duty free on the balcony, and celebrate the beginning of our holiday. I'm too old for venturing out that late- but I've done my fair share of that in the past :rofl
Yes bars will be open, ignore VIVVIAAN, hell, what are holidays for if not enjoying yourself! We usually arrive at the villa a 3.45am but we make sure there is plenty of Efes in the fridge. We are in our 30's-60's by the way.
Our party consists of 40's - 50's and we too would have a drink.

Maybe Vivviaan should try it one time :que

Mary
VIVVIAAN,

blimey, all I did was to ask a question as to whether we could go out for a drink when we arrived. If you felt the emphasis was on the 'need' for a drink then you have misinterpreted my question.

Not being ones to drink on the aeroplane or in the airport before we fly, due to dehydration I think it would be a nice way to relax when we arrive. Presumably you don't have a drink during the flight then or at the airport??

Thank you everyone else who replied in a sensible matter. By the way we aren't particularly young at 31 and 37, and aren't 'sit in the bar all day' types at all,, however a drink to unwind and begin our holiday would be lovely.

I use other forums and sometimes feel this one has some lovely and helpful members but then there are those who are rude.

Thank you.
I think plenty of places will be open, then there is the option of the hotel bar for an hour to wind down and marvel at the fact that you are actually there!

I had some friends arrive at about 4/5am last year on hols and they decided they were having a beer when they got to the hotel! And why not, I say!

:cheers
yep i agree thats all we do when we arrive late is dump the bags and find nearest bar for that first cold effes you know youve arrived when your drinking that.
The first thing we do when we arrive in Icmeler which is normally around 3 in the morning is to go to the local kebab house and have a kebab and a beer.

This must make me a fat alcoholic :rofl :D :D

Squirrelchops enjoy your Efes and have a lovely holiday.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn M.......well I don't drink at all in the week, just a couple on a Friday or Saturday night. Also at a slimming club and going to gym 4 times a week so as to get in shape.

Hence, when I get to Olu Deniz, looking fab I hasten to add, I shall have a beer or 10 if I so choose.....even if it is 5am!!!!! (said in a very petulant voice)!!!! Ha Ha.

Thank you for making me feel less of an alcoholic and in fact 'normal'!!
If it's any consolation we started drinking at Manchester airport at 6am last month! We carried on all threough the week too, well, when Efes is that cheap it'd be rude not too!
when we are on our jollies, that is the first thing we do once we have check-in and dumped off the bags, a nice cold drink on a hot evening lovely.

How much is efes at the moment anyone know!!

Ola
2.70 - 3.50 lira depending when you go. (restaurant prices)
Carusoes Bar or Buzz bar are open late if other places look a bit quiet. On the seafront
Have arrived at the apartments at 4.30am before and if the bars open im down there(they stay open till no ones left)
Its celebrating the start of the holiday for me.......i also hear green flag are very good so dont need the local AA number
Gunny wrote:
i also hear green flag are very good so dont need the local AA number
:rofl
You know I wanted to ask the same question. We arrive that late and I guessed it would be gone midnight and I wanted to know if there would be somewhere open to get a beer. It's part of the start of the holiday, whether it be 10pm, midnight or 5am. The other year we went to Zante and arrived at the apartments about 6am. We weren't that impressed with the room as we had requested a balcony and were in fact on the main road looking at a wall (although they were very good and moved us later in the day). Anyway at 7am we trott off to the first place that is open have an omelette (with a bit of greek salad) and a large Mythos - it was heaven.

We go on 6 June, first time to Turkey, and Olu Deniz and really cannot wait. My boyfriend is going to parasail, or whatever you call it. I would love to but a little scared.

BTW We are both 36.
Being a teetotal scotsman ;) that kind of thing never bothers me :rofl i am quite sure you will find a bar/bars open at that time ,fill your boots if you want to ,enjoy your holiday. :cheers

Bluepeterno1
Get to accomodation , shown to room ,dump bags
straight to bar . Your on holiday so enjoy it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.