Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi Christina ... assuming that you want to occupy your room as soon as you arrive in the early hours of the 19th, then you would have to book it for the night of the 18th. You would only book it from the 19th if you were happy not to check in until the afternoon of the 19th.

If booking from the 18th, make sure that the hotel is aware of your approximate arrival time on the 19th, so that they do no release your room as a 'no-show'.

David :wave
That's what I thought, thank you for the prompt reply :)

With the hotel not responding to my previous email, I wonder what the best way of contacting them is. Will perhaps just send them another one.

Thanks again!

Christina x
How long have you given them so far ? Perhaps if you tell us the hotel name and email address which you have tried, someone may have an alternative one for them.

Just checked my sent items...i only emailed them on the 10th of this month...seems a lot longer tbh! I suppose there is still time for them to reply but was looking to get booked up by tonight.

It's the Hotel Maripins in Malgrat de Mar.

Christina x
Is this the address you used:
hotel.maripins@hotels-serhs.com

You can also contact them via their website:
http://www.hotelserhsmaripins.com/contacte/_KSW5kKlx8WG6Iv9S3LZCLw

Yes, that's the address I used. Got it from a link on their website. Will try again tonight, I am sure I can wait another day to book :)
Hi pumpkin, not sure where you are flying from with Ryanair, but my flight from Edinburgh with them also doesnt arrive in Girona till 23.35pm.
We have booked our Hotel as of previous days date, ie, we fly at 19.35pm, arrive 23.35pm on 27th July, but wont reach Hotel in Calella till at least 1am on 28th. Have notified Hotel as a late arrival just to be on the safe side.
Hi! I am flying from Edinburgh too :)
Just a bit worried that I have had no reply to my email. If I email them lto tell them about a late arrival, would be concerned they might not get it and give my room away to someone!

Just call me Mrs Worry Wart! Let me know you get on. You staying at Maripins as well?

Christina x
I needn't have worried! Reply received today to my 2nd email. Phew! Need to book for the 18th. If I book for thel 19th then i cant check in till midday.

Thanks guys. This site has been such a good source of info for me over the past few years...always find myself coming back every year :)
Christina x
I'll be arriving at the Maripins on the 29th June - flying in to Barcelona. Been to Maripins many times and love it there. Have a great time.
Hi Pumpkin, no I'm staying at Amaika in Calella. Have a great holiday :)
Maripins seems to have good reviews, I am really looking forward to my stay :D
Will need to do some research as to how I can keep my 12 yr old daughter amused when we are there (will just be the 2 of us), so if any of you have any suggestions?!

Christina x
Re things to do. You must take the train into Barcelona. When I went a couple of years ago it cost about 7 euros return for an adult. You can use either Malgrat or Santa Susanna stations (Maripins is about equidistant from both) Your daughter will love it.

My wife and I took the sightseeing bus getting on and off where we wanted. There are acouple of routes, and are interchangable, they take you to all touristy places. If you are thinking of going twice during your stay, get a 2 day bus pass, it works out cheaper, but you must use it on consecutive days.

Also beware, there is one day that must public buildings (museums etc) close, I think it is Monday, but am not sure, somebody will advise you better
Your daughter will probably love the Aqua Park in Lloret, does cost 40 euros for 1 adult & 1 child, but well worth it. Also many boat trips up 7 down the coast at around 11 euros per person for around a 6 hr trip including lunch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.