General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
late checkout
11 Posts
No unfortunatley you normally after leave your hotel room the same time as the folk on the earlier flight , normally noon. Some times they say on the tour ops web site that you can purchase a late check out room (some are only up to 6pm so check!). However it is always best to do it direct with the hotel yourself as the tour op's obviously will take their cut out of it. You can do this via the hotel's web site/email or in person on arrival at the hotel.
That is one reason I only do early morn departures now as well as having young kids in tow.
Whenever I've held a room over for a late flight it's been till the next days checkout time so I've had it till I left. I sort it out direct with the hotel when I get there, that way I have the money to pay for it and I don't spend the holiday worrying.
a few years ago in corfu we needed a late checkout and just went to reception and booked it but only had the room till 6pm, then on the morning of departure they came to us at 10am and said we needed to move rooms as ours was going to be used, so had an hour to pack and leave that room and move to another :yikes we werent being picked up from hotel till 1am so put luggage in reception area from 6pm but at least we got to spend the last few hours lazing round the pool then could change for the evening and our flight home :)
You need to check your holiday dates also. We have an early morning flight back from Crete at 7.00am which wil probably mean being picked up from Resort around 4.am. Luckily for us we will be able to grab a few hours sleep in our room until it's time to meet the coach as it's our 14th night.
If you go diy (seperate flights and accomodation), just book an extra night, that way, you can leave when ever you need to!

Belly.
However it is always best to do it direct with the hotel yourself as the tour op's obviously will take their cut out of it. You can do this via the hotel's web site/email or in person on arrival at the hotel.

Sorry, no I don't agree with the above quote.

Having looked at the flight times, I booked a late check-out with Thomson when I booked the holiday last year, it cost me £22 and it meant I could keep my room until 6pm yesterday, which worked out just fine, as we were getting picked up for the airport at 6.30pm..instead of having to vacate the room at 12 noon.
As I had it on my invoice in black and white, it meant we were guaranteed to stay in that room until 6 pm and it was the best £22 I've spent, I personally would rather have a late check-out than spend that money on flight meals.
We could have a little nap in the afternoon, all our luggage was locked up in the room and we were able to go out for Sunday lunch, come back and have a shower etc etc.

Several other flights including Cardiff and Gatwick were also leaving around the same time and several other holiday makers had tried to book their room until 6pm whilst at the hotel during their stay, and they had been told it wasn't possible because depending on the incoming flights and the rooms having to be ready for the new arrivals, my particular hotel only allows X amount of rooms to be occupied after the "normal" vacation time and the working hours that the maids on the day-time shift works.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
So on a package deal we go for 7 days and arrive on a Saturday at 1 pm.
We leave the Hotel the following Saturday at 4 am.
We have been told we will have the room till 4 am,
So what i meant was they must give you the full 7 nights.
Yes that's right Trickydicky. You pay for 7 or 14 nights accomodation and have to be out of the room by roughly noon the day after your 7th/14th night. Sometimes if you get to your hotel say around 4 in the morning your 1st night will be classed as the previous day's date. e.g arrival at 4 am 6th July- 1st night classed as 5th July. That way depending on time of return flight you may have to vacate your room by noon the day before an early morning flight. No need for you to worry though as your dates show your room is still yours until you need to be picked up for the return journey.
Ok thanks,rang Thompson to confirm when we first booked and they wasnt sure at first so i thought i would check for sure ,in case we have an earlier flight another year and need to know how it works.We have a young son so we dont want to have to be out of our room and not fly till early next morning
I too have just had the experience of Sanji.
I booked through Portland and when I booked you couldn't book a late check out Park and had to email the hotel and see them when we got there. The hotel said the couldn't guarentee a room or if they could it might not be the same room plus it cost 40E whereas Thomson customers had paid £28 when the bought it at time of booking. At the time £28 was the same as 40E but with 1.20E to the £ it made it alot of money for 7 extra hours.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.