Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Late Checkout
11 Posts
You should have had a refund of the £24 at least. What do the Ts and Cs say?

Mark :)
Hi, sorry my posting won't be much help, we have always paid the hotel itself for late check out room, sometimes, we have been allowed to keep our own room on, (all depends on if they have the room waiting for someone else) and on a couple of occasions, we have been given a completly different room.
Did the hotel offer you a different room ? If not, I would take the matter further.

Roo
Hi

no they didn't yet they gave late rooms to people who hasn't pre-booked them. I have emailed Thomson and am awaiting a response I will let you know what happens. I think maybe because all though we spent daytime in the apratment round the pool in the evening we went into sidari town and i think they favoured the people whom were too lazy to go anywhere and just stayed 24/7 at the sunny corfu.
Why does not wanting to go into Sidari make you lazy? People go on holiday for different reasons. Each to their own.
Thomson's should refund the £24 supplement for the service that you didn't receive and I'm sure offer an apology but I doubt you will receive compensation.
I will let you know the outcome but yes would like a refund. Just dont like the way thomsons offer this and not honour.

Sunaddict - Sidari town only 5 mins away lol. Lets not pick arguments this is just a friendly website. :tongue
Hi Mari, in principle you should get your money back. Although you took it up with the rep did you sign a complaint form with him. This would be the evidence you need to show that you didn't get what you paid for, otherwise the TO have only got your word.
Hi,

When you parted with your £24 you entered into a contract with Thomson that they would provide you with a room untill 4.30pm on the day that you left.

If you were then asked to leave the room earlier than this by the manager then this is a breach of the contract by the hotel.

Because your contract was with Thomson, I would ask for a refund of the £24 supplement you paid for this service. You will most likely get the standard fob off letter back in the 1st instance, but after 2 letters you should get reimbursed. Don't let them reimburse you in vouchers though.

As for compensation, I am not sure if you are entitled to compensation other than any financial losses incurred as a result of having to check out your room early, those expenses would have to be reasonable and you would need reciepts. But if you don't ask you don't get.

I honestly can't see Thomson letting this go down the small claims court route for the sake of £24.
Good luck
I'd be livid if this happened to me.
You keep the room on to enjoy a longer last day and if you book it with Thomsons you expect it to be 100% done. I know I wouldn't have vacated the room and I'd have told the manager to take it up with Thomsons!
If you pay for something it's because you want it and just having your money returned is not really good enough. Unfortunatelly I think that is all you'll get though!
yeah it did ruin the last day. they are yet to reply! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.