General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
late checkout
10 Posts
pammie you can leave your luggage in a seperate room,and go out for a meal and return to collect them when coach is due to pick you up,they kick you out but you cant buy a drink as no money changes hands.
Sometimes Tour operators dont have a late checkout arrangement with a hotel even though it might be available.
You can always ask yourself at hotel reception if this is available for your last day and pay for it separately.
Normally hotels charge about 10 pounds to keep the room until later in the day or near to your checkout time.
pam i meant to say they (dont) kick you out, you will be o k sue
We got back from Lanzarote last Friday morning - our flight home was at 11.45 at night and we had to be out of our hotel rooms at midday. With a little bit of advance planning it wasn't too much of a problem - all our cases were packed and put in the hotel's suitcase room at midday apart from a bag with our flight clothes, comb, aftersun etc. We spent the afternoon at the hotel pool, used the hotel towels (carefully stashed in the back of the wardrobe for the previous few days :lol: ) and then showered by the pool, slapped on the aftersun at teatime, got changed in the loos, had our last evening meal and drink and were ready for the transfer coach at 9pm :D Our hotel did have late checkout rooms but it was 21 Euros until 3pm or 42 Euros until 6pm!!! :shock: OK if there's a big group of you to share the cost, but I preferred to save my last spends for the airport duty-frees!
Some hotels have a courtesy room so that you can shower and change. Ask at your hotel early in your holiday as sometimes you need to book the time you need it.
Our hotel had a courtesy room but I didn't realise just how early you needed to book it to get a decent time! We were given 2.30 in the afternoon, and our coach wasn't coming until 9pm - who the frilly heck wants a shower at 2.30 in the afternoon when you've got until 9pm to hang around? :lol:
When I was in Tunisia in June we were getting picked up at 5pm. We had to be out of our room at 12 noon. As we couldn't keep our room on they gave us towels and let us use the shower room in the indoor pool to get showered and changed before we left.
Even if there is no "room" to leave your cases in, you can usually leave them near reception, like we did last year in our apts.
They also had showere near the ouside pool, so we could freshen up before our journey to the airport....... :) Persnally i dont think you will have a problem leaving your cases somewhere safe within your apts.
Good way make freinds with people who are leaving later in the week from you ask to use thier room to shower!!!.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.