Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Glad you guys are catching the deals got my 2n for tomorow this morning so offline for 2weeks

Spot a deal post while I am away I will need some ideas for the next one when I get back.

TM see you over the weekend.
Have also booked 30 May NCL Jade for 14 nights Med, ex-Southampton for $1010 each with vtg.....incredible price works out about £35 pppn. You would struggle to get B&B in a British guest house for that!!

Word of warning, the headline price at $899 excluding taxes will probably disappear soon. The sailing immediately following on 13 June was shown on both vtg and http://www.ncl.com for $999 excluding taxes yesterday and is now up 50% to $1499.

You have been warned, if interested you need to move swiftly. I called vtg at 22.45 tonight and did it over the phone.
Good for you! Wise to take this offer when it is available. Have you booked with VTG before? If so was it all done via email documents etc?

Me I am still swithering and just can't make a decision. QM2 Azamara Quest or something quite different.

Sue
Yes we have booked with vtg previously and it all went very smoothly, hence no hesitation in using them again. Called at 22.45 last night and had confirming e-mail etc. 20 minutes later. Having said that, they already had all our details from previous booking 18 months ago.

Everything is electronic, just a matter of arriving at cruise "pier" with printed documents and the usual passport ID and credit card for sea-pass etc.
Headline price has risen by $500pp to $1399 for 30th May.

So pleased I jumped in and booked it last week :D

Bob
Yes, it has gone up as I predicted, and it looked that way last night when I literally booked at the 11th hour before price rise!!
I have noted a lot of last minute deals for RCI and Celebrity on CRUISE CLUB UK tel 0800 163 164

Millennium 17/11/07 14 nights for £699
Century for 10 and 11 nights November 2/11/07 12/11/07 23/11/07 starting for as low as £599-£699 and includes flights from London.
Also offers from RCI Splendour and Legend of the Seas for as low as £499.

Also email from Online Vacation Centre US site.

Millennium 17/11 $799 cruise only inside O/V $949 14 nts
Century 23/11 $599 12/11 $799 12/11 $799 10&11 nights
Galazy T/A 14 nights O/V $999

Offers one day only book by 7pm tonight but this will be US time
Tel 001 800 392 9002

Maybe some of you will be able to look at these offers.

Sue

Wish I could make some of these offers but am already on Century 22/11
I booked this cruise yesterday morning after seeing the great deal on here : 2 inside cabins 4 friends

We paid 1010 dollars each hope they honour this price we have a friend with a 24 hour option on a cabin wonder what will happen if they book

have never used V2G before but sure it will be ok
Well done Prindy. They will honour the price, which is identical to ours. The NCL website price changed yesterday afternoon and the vtg price yesterday evening. Not sure about 24 hour hold though, would be a sore shame if that were not honoured although technically it should be!

You will have no problems with vtg...we have used them before and they are well organised. You will have seen from your confirmation e-mail that all ship ticketing is electronic. It is simply a question of turning up, and enjoying this amazing value cruise on a very new ship...enjoy, we certainly plan to do so!
Thanks Hamraq
Yes they did honour my friends booking I would never have found this or had the nerve to book it only for you and Windjammer so many thanks

I had been price watching the Jewel of the Seas going across on the 30th Oct to Fort Lauderdale but waited to long and had to pay an extra £120 each when the price increased instead of going down as sometimes happens with the trans
But still crossing for £480 not bad for 12 nights but no flights
3rd December crossing crusing on the Gem is $299 inside or $399 O/S $499 Balcony
$749 suite
http://www.ncl.com the UK site is more expensive
this seems like a good deal

10 NIGHT MEDITERRANEAN on SPLENDOUR OF THE SEAS
Itinerary: Venice - Dubrovnik - Santorini - Tunis - Malaga - Casablanca - Lisbon

INC flights £499 leaving 24th Nov 07
seems several agents have this deal I got it from http://www.cruisein.co.uk/offers.html

10th and 17th Nov £449 Venice back to Venice
Prindy- keep looking at the prices though- they still fluctuate and you can get reductions even after final payment on RCCL.
Celebrity Century 23/11 for $599 I think there are some fantastic prices for late dates mainly for November in the Med and T/A.
I think it may well be that the Americans want to come to Europe earlier in the Autumn.
Companies used to stay less time in Europe and return to the Caribbean in October. Also T/A crossings are later except where they want to do New England.
Will be worth keeping an eye on what happens in future years.

Sue
There has been a further price drop for the April sailing on Celebrity Mercury to Alaska. Lead in price of £395 for 14 nights Sailing out of San Francisco and returning to Vancouver cruising the Pacific and then the inside passage.

Fantastic deal. £498 for a grade 5 ocean view.

Sue
Re these deals, can someone alert me tout suite, when the leg from Lima to Sydney on the Black Watch comes down in price for single travellers!!! :lol: I missed buying it at just over 3 grand, and it is now at 7 :shock:
Could you keep an eye out for a week or 10 day cruise next summer holidays with RCI, Princess or NCL for an inside cabin for 2 adults and one 15 year old. Many thanks.
Will do but what summer holidays do you have? Is it from the end June through to the end August or is it late July to mid September. If you can go in September you will probably get a better deal.

Sue
IBERIAN SHORES. BP724
Black Prince
Friday 19 Oct 2007 - Saturday 27 Oct 2007 8 nights
leaving Belfast and back £395
http://www.fredolsencruises.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.