Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Legend of the seas late season cruises are on offer

TXT 13n £499 Rome to Barcelona via Venice

Cruise only around should be possible under £400 leaving £100 for flights transfers DIY.

TXT 29n Rome to Dom Rep £1249 via loads of places.

Cruise only around £750, so 500 to sort out flights transfers.

Book these online through the TA I have been using(see above) and they are throwing in insurance and some wine.
Also an offer of the T/A on Jewel of the Seas out of Southampton at a very good price advertised also on Teletext. Also good single offer on the Voyager RCI T/A 8th December 16 nights £1049. Again no use to me as it is too near Christmas.

Sue
Hi Windjammer

We have just returned from Island Escape and am now well and truly hooked on cruising!!

Could you be so kind as to find me a really good cruise around the med please for September next year for 2 people as you find lots of bargains? We would be travelling from Liverpool or Manchester.( 1 week)

Thanks for your help and advice over the last year everyone as I dont know what I would have done without your hints and tips.

Cheers Liz.
Liz,

One of the easiest ports to DIY from is Barcelona, and Easyjet fly there from Liverpool twice a day with a 7.00am ish flight which gets you there plenty time to get taxi (less than 10 miles) to port and board ship. Booked well in advance the return fare should be less than £100 pp.

We started our cruising career on Island Escape 3 years ago, have now cruised 7 times with various lines, and going again from Barcelona on 13 October. It is too early for any real bargain deals for next September, and if restricted to 7 nights, you are limited in choice.

Having said that, on vacationstogo.com they have 7 night cruises on the new Norwegian Gem which will be exactly one year old next September, so fantastic ship. The style is freestyle cruising, which will be fairly similar to IE but much better in quality and style etc. On 28 September the cruise only price for an inside cabin is $649 plus tax of 6-8%, which translates into £350-£375ish. Adding flights you have a very good quality cruise for approximately £450 each. If 28th is too late, then 7/14/21 available at $799/$749 plus tax, but 28th is a particularly good deal. You should consider going the day before sailing and see Barcelona, hotels can be got fairly cheaply.

We have been in Med every October school week for past 10 years, weather generally very good, but can vary although still warm. September is perfect I believe, and once our daughter is "off our hands" we would probably go then rather than October school week. July/August is just too hot for our liking in Med.

Amongst our cruises we have been on 2 ships which were very new and they are magnificent. You would be stunned at the difference compared to IE. Get into a travel agent and pick up a Norwegian Cruise Line brochure, and check out the ethos and style of NCL.

Hope this helps.
Just received an email from Gill travel and they are offering 7 nights on the Marco Polo 12th September inside for £499 and outside for £549.

Just in case anyone is interested. I would agree with Hamrag that you should look at other options and there are a lot of offers at the moment for this September.
Sometimes there are incentives to book early like £100 off per person which Celebrity have at the moment. The other thing to do is if you book early is to keep your eye on the Cruise Company web page. Moniter the price and then ask to get your price adjusted if the price falls.

Like me I think you are well and truly HOOKED! Enjoy and join the club!

Sue
Got a reminder of this one.

Aurora 27th Nov 2008 13nts

from £699 with 3/4 child/adult free. and OBC.

Limited availability.

I priced up on P&O site which was a bit more than quotes So for a 4share thats £ 1,536.00 for 13nights a £30pppn bargain I think the TA price with OBC is £54pppn on a 2share.
windjammer

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a reminder of this one.

Aurora 27th Nov 2008 13nts

from £699 with 3/4 child/adult free. and OBC.

Limited availability.

Can you tell me where to find this offer please
As I posted P&O are doing it for £780pp. An agent should give you 10% and thats the £699 give or take a quid or two.

A quick check shows

gills at £719
savensail at £716
Cruisekings at £699
Idealcruising £716

Just phone a round and find out what they offer, look for free parking and OBC. Check the highsteet as well.
Have been sent this Canaries offer too by cruisekings at £699 for inside cabin. They are indeed saying 3rd/4th person free, plus incredibly £150 per cabin OBC. Unfortunately we have no holidays left, or this would be booked by now.

Their contact number is 0141 762 5555
I too received this email from CruiseKings. They have the offer for single occupancy for £889 with £75 OBC.

If it is 2008 then I may well be interested?

Sue
Nov 2008 it is so go for it.

I checked the 3/4 free on P&O booking site.

The available grades for this one were limited cheapest with P&O as posted.
Checked a few more and these are coming in 3/4 free

Winter Wonderland R822 Aurora 10/12/2008
Ancient Glories R820 Aurora 09/11/2008
Classical Lands X819 Oriana 30/11/2008
Best of the Mediterranean X817 Oriana 14/10/2008
Mediterranean Highlights E825 Oceana 04/10/2008
Mediterranean J822Y Arcadia 16/11/2008
Windjammer have you ever booked with Best Price? did you get good customer service if you did or any problems?
I have two cruises with best price and happy with the on-line booking process and they were around the lowest prices I could find and low enough to take the chance. These are with NCL and the CC is charged by NCL so should not be a problem

However

I did try an email to get a prices for a cruise with a 2day addon that they advertised but with no price, nothing back. So booked the main cruise anyway and will look for the 2 day elsewhere.

Also asked about the cost of upgrade to a balcony on a Dec trip and the email back was a link to the booking with details of invoice etc usefull but nothing on the informaion I asked.

Next I will be wanting to add an anniversary package which is very good value($79) so we will see how that goes.

Might have to phone which is a bit inconvenient or try and deal with NCL direct.
Thanks for that...the price is excellent saving a huge amount on UK NCL
£1486 each no OBC BP $3800+ OBC $300 total so well worth it for the Gem on 21st November
I see this advertised at £450 on the teletext today.

Sue
basic inside with BP is $991 so if that £450 inc flights its a good deal
can you remember which company it was?
I can't see this 12n 21st Nov Gem trip on TXT 227,228,262.
If anybody sees a good deal for summer 2008 (Europe or Baltics) on RCI, Princess, Carnival or NCL during the summer holidays 26th July onwards to 23rd August (last day of travel) I would much appreciate it. Sailing out of UK would be best but flying anywhere in Europe would be good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.