Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have just received an email with some fantastic single occupacy.

Dates are ranging from late summer early autumn until an offer for the X Quest which is in April.

Not sure if I can copy and paste but it is from Gill Travel and includes the Marco Polo Sea Princess Emerald Princess and X Century in the Med. I am tied up with the dates except the April for next year.

Hope you manage to have a look if not I will print the email off and then put the offers on this site.

Sue
http://www.gillscruise.com/traveltek/solocruise-offers.php

SHould be close allthough they don't always have the best deals on-line.

For those specificaly looking for single deals probably worth registering for the updates.

http://www.gillscruise.com/traveltek/solocruise.php
Gills are usually excellent for sending out emails for single deals although they have been very scarce for months now, and then all of a sudden we get a massive rush! I agree Sue, The Azamara on Celebrity sounds interesting! Wish I could manage Marco Polo on 31st August. £899 an excellent price for single inside for 12 nights leaving from Dover and returnng by Air from Barcelona. Unfortunately I simply can't make it!!!
Ok found a single deal and it is the NCL Gem Dec 3 9n transatlantic trip Barcelona to Boston via NCL US web site.

http://www.ncl.com.

$449 + 64.19Tx=$515 this is 0% single sup on current prices. US discount web site did $475

See previous posts for flight hotel options but these still work.

Airlingus available at $265 unless you want to stay in Boston till the weekend, another option may be to head for New York.

Travelodge available at 20eur for the sunday night so just the flight to Barcelona to sort out.

We already have a few from the Pearl trans(last Dec) joining us on this trip and we will make everyone very welcome.
Did you do this trip before Windjammer? What was the weather like? Looking at the route it looks pretty chilly to me!!! (I mean the repositioning to Boston on NCL!)

Further to the latest offerings from Gills, the Azamara Journey isn't quite the wonderful deal it might seem!!! The inside price of £1499 represents an 84% loading on Celebrity's price of £816 for a shared twin inside which I think is rather a steep supplement. The outside price is slightly more expensive at 85% loading! Looking at all of the prices on Gill's latest offering, the only really genuine 'no single supplement' is Marco Polo on 31st August! (Mark you, they call them 'single offerings'!) The Princess prices are quite good at around 20-25% supplement. The other RCCL & Celebrity offerings are around 50% loading.
Last year the trip was a maiden on the pearl Southampton to Miami 10N, left Southampton into huricane force winds for three days 140knts gusts and had another storm before we got to Miami.

We don't get ill overall a great trip running in a new ship. looking forward to doing another on a similar ship this time starting further south we like ship time.

Here is a blog from the trip, on board starts proper down page three.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=448629&page=3&highlight=NCL+Pearl+blog
Oh err, that weather wouldn't have suited me at all! I had some of that last year on Boudicca (quite a lot of that!) and saw rather more of my cabin than I had planned!
Hi
JUst to say that I have received an email with numerous good offers from Global travel and 10 best cruises of the week from check in Cruise club. Both for late offers and later this year and for 08 also. Just quick note and I am stretched at the moment.

Sue
Beware the emails that say they are deals without checking, savensail have the NCL Gem Oct £629 which you can DIY cheaper even using NCL direct at £499 cruise only

They also say "the ship is amazing. We have had great feedback" which is realy amazing since the ship is still in the shipyard being built.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1451
I couldn't agree more Windjammer! Just one true bargain out of 6 in an email the other day!

These people and their feedback!!!! How come they are already on board in the shipyard! An unfair advantage I would say!!!!! :roll:
Looking at the new Royal Caribbean ship Independence of the Seas for two weeks next June from Southampton.

Any suggestions as to which agent will give the best deal ?

Bob
Windjammer have you sailed the seven seas? You know all there is about Cruises especially bargains, lol!!
So glad of your hints and tips for my first Cruise next week, keep up the good searches for us all.

Cheers Liz.
Can you tell me which agent had the 0% single supplements on NCL, please, Windjammer? There's a Norwegian Dream cruise I'd love to go on but the supplement is 100%+. Maybe a new agent may be able to help, although I have my doubts. It's a wonderful itinerary, which should more than make up for the ship being a little older and having less space per passenger than the newer ones.
IT was NCL direct through the US site INVALID URL booking engine) they do not advertise these deals you have to check regularly or when a promotion comes up to see if there is a single deal, I think this may have been a weely special on the Gem trans only. Once found on NTL any discount agent should do it a bit cheaper.
Looks like the single deal is over, they want $998 now for 1 person on the 3Dec trans.

I did see that http://www.uk.ncl.com are now promoting the Gem 2007 cruises and have the 1 nighter on the 4thOCt for £49 with air, not confirmed though so needs checking out.
Thanks again Windjammer. I have been keeping an eye on NCL's prices, both in the UK and on the US website, but I've yet to notice any single deals on NCL under 100%

I have booked myself a circumnavigation of South America onboard Carnival Splendor (with vacations to go) from the 31st of January 2009. The single supplement in the base grade 1A cabin is only 25% and the price is very reasonable considering it is a 7 week voyage! It is in three sectors, so, as I booked with a US agent, I can decide at a later date whether I will go on all or none of them, and the deposit will be returned. Plus if the price drops i can call up and lock in at the new lower price! It's about time some of these US terms and conditions spread across the Atlantic!

I am thinking of waiting until October/November to find a repositioning bargain. It seemed that at that time last year many deals were available. Let me know if you spot any on your web travels, please, and if i see anything particularly attractive I'll post it here.
Craig, obviously you are au fait with the VTG website and I have booked with them for a cruise last year. Excellent service all round.

On VTG, there is a 14 night transatlantic Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale on Celebrity Millennium leaving December 2 (although you did mention looking at Oct/Nov) which may interest. Price for an inside is about £450 and nearer £400 for the over 55's. Not sure what the single supplement would be though.

One way flight to Barcelona Easyjet from London/Liverpool/Newcastle is about £25. Not sure how good a flight price you could secure for a one way back from Florida though as I suspect you would just run into the most expensive time of year (mid-dec to 25th Dec.)

Have also noticed a 16 night repositioning with HAL Westerdam from Rome to Fort Lauderdale leaving on 5th October. The price displayed on VTG is $1499 but if you are registered as a member (free, and 30 seconds to set up) and click on the box to get the members price by e-mail it becomes $999 and with the normal 6-7% tax applied this would be less than £550 (cruise only) for 16 nights. The VTG fastdeal number is #20441. Getting to Rome is a breeze, but not sure about one-way back from FL.
One way air can be an issue, still looking into this a bit more.

Another option is to book a return and just do two transatlantics one each way they will be a bit apart anyway, you may need to pay to change the later flight or stay a few extra days.

There are usually a few ships doing the trans within a week of each other so at least one should come up cheap.
At that time of year the repositioning is essentially Europe to Carribbean. Cannot imagine there would be any line seeking to do the reverse and go to Med for winter!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.