Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Got the tickets :D flying out on sunday :D

phoned today saying accomodation changed :evil:

Booked self catering 4 star Yavor studios (because buffet food in most bulgarian hotels is minging)

Offered up grade Yavor Hotel 4 star with Half board :shock:

not much of an upgrade :evil:
Now I'm confused- are you happy? :lol:
NO I'm not happy .far from it ..........up graded to Half board food me & none of my family will eat .....I totally ****** off
is this the only thing they offered DOA?
Nope they offered us the Paradise Green Park 3 star ........ :evil:
oh dear- it just gets worse.
The Paradise Green Park Apartments are actually 4 star.

Peter
Peter
have a look here. We have it as 3 star but quoted from the 2004 brochure. I have googled and do have them coming out as 4 star and also brand new :? Do you know if they were totally refurbished?
Hi Fiona,

Paradise Green Park Apartments are quoted as 4* here & here - a number of sites indicate "The new state-of-the-art building.......".

Baldur

<Edited out erroneous link>
  • Edited by Baldur 2006-06-30 08:13:51
Good Morning, Baldur and Peter, Looking at brochure picture and recent map are you sure this is not the neew Club Paradise Park which is built on the Varna junction of the main road, when I went pass a couple of weeks ago these are the colours that struck me, plus pool at front and many apartments for sale. I could be wrong. Tonyt.
Good morning Tony,

Don't know the location, but it's shown as 'Paradise Green Park Hotel & Apartments' on the Golden Sands website.

Baldur
Hi Guys

The link baldur has posted is correct. They did not exist in 2004 but were advertised. They are brand new for this year.

My gripe would be the position of Paradise Green Park compared to the Yavor. Especially if you have young children or anyone with walking difficulties.

Patka
Good Morning, the site I am referring to is right on the Cross Roads with Traffic lights. Coming from Albena left at lights main entrance to Golden Sands. Straight on to Water Park, turn right to Varna. This site as you look at it from direction of Albena lies between the water park road and varna Road. Tonyt
Hi All,

First of all I sypathise with DOA. Checking on the Balkan website they are only offering the Paradise Green Park Appts in the self catering catagory for Golden Sands.

Therefore this is the only equivalent they can offer, in terms of star rating and type - it is four star, and they are within the terms of their booking conditions.

But, the location is out on a limb - at the top of section B on this MAP as Club Paradise Park, where Tony correctly said it was, and yes, it is an awful colour.

Fiona -
Peter
have a look here. We have it as 3 star but quoted from the 2004 brochure. I have googled and do have them coming out as 4 star and also brand new Confused Do you know if they were totally refurbished?

The Hotel Review page has it wrong - too much Paradise in Golden Sands leading to confusion. Current entries should be deleted, and on just one inserted for Paradise Green Park Hotel and Apartments. Have tried this before, perhaps now it will be changed?

Baldur - spot on, the web sites you linked to are accurate.

The Paradise Green Park complex has been a previous saga on these pages - HERE

Patka, always right, dare I say otherwise Boss!

Peter
I'm still waiting to here from Balkan ........we have grudgingly accepted the Yavor hotel but only if we have two rooms next to each other.

My travel agent is still to get back to me regarding this matter do you think I should phone Balkan direct & cut out the middle man .

Stephen
this will give you a laugh I'm nearly crying :cry: .

My travel agent phoned me back saying that Balkan can guarentee me a joining rooms :D

In the Yavor Palace Hotel ..now correct me if I'm wrong but is this hotel not in Sunny Beach. :evil:

When I'm going to visit friends in Golden Sands & booked for Golden sands :cry:

I'm getting slightly annoyed now :evil:
DOA
The Yavor Palace is in Sunny beach.

There is a Yavor Hotel in Golden Sands - think it 4 star.
Hi All, the saga got sorted out .by myself phoning Balkan ..staying in the Yavor Hotel half board .I had a look at some reviews from various sites & the food seemed to get an ok responce .so maybe we have done ok .......time will tell . :? :D
I hope you do have a great holiday( only 2 days to go!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.