Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry I don't know the answer to the question but it's got me worried as I am going there in two weeks time!

I will be really dissapointed if this is true as I really will not like having my bags searched. I hope someone can shed some light?
My mother in law has just returned from a two week stay at this hotel (returned on Saturday) and i have asked her about this and she says she did not experience this nor did she isee t being done to others.

As to whether or not it does go on i dont know but i can tell you that my mother in law didnt have any of her bags searched at all.

She had a fabulous time and is planning to return again in October this year. The staff are wonderful and the quality of the food (she was B&B) was wonderful :)

Hope you all enjoy your stay as much as she did!
  • Edited by *Kate* 2006-05-25 22:11:42
P.S she has also told me to add.....

She travelled with First Choice and the Rep at the hotel recommended a place to eat not far from the hotel and informed her of a few bad tales about another.

She tried out both places and her only regret was listening to the rep and missing out this particular place until the last few nights. It was a place called 'Jimmys' and the bad tales told couldnt be futher from the truth!

Hope this is of some use to you :)
Kate, thank you so much for stopping me worrying.

I have been to other hotels in Turkey and never experienced this so I did think it was a bit odd.

I can get all excited again now...two weeks to go... :D

I'll be sure to try out Jimmy's too.
Thanks for posting your mother-in-laws view. We are going to the Lighthouse Hotel in July but have only heard a couple of reviews that say that the hotel doesn't appear to be quite ready. So it is a relief that someone has good things to say. We have heard that there is a local place to eat called 'Vira's which is meant to be fantastic so that (along with Jimmy's) are 2 recommended nights out. Thanks again. :lol:

p.s.

Anyone know how far away the hotel is from the main Ortakent beach - how long would it take to walk?
i have just read a review about the lighthouse hotel in ortakent on holiday truths hotel reviews. there is a review been posted saying that the lighthouse hotel have a very strict policy about allowing food and drink not purchased in hotel being consumed in hotels rooms and management confiscate items if found. We will be staying in this hotel in a couple of weeks so i am keeping my eye on any reports about it.
I have to admit I am a wee bit concerned about this review too.

I hope this policy doesn't include bottled water as I go through gallons of the stuff and I also need to use it to rinse my face as the water in Turkey doesn't agree with my eczema :cry:

I will definitely be smuggling some chocolate and pringles for late night snacking :lol:

Anyway, for anyone who is going... I am off on 11th June for 1 week so will post when I get back.....bit worried again now though...
There are a couple of reviews on holidaysuncovered, Turkey misc.
No mention of food being confiscated.sioux :roll:
My wife and i stayed in ortakent last year and the lighthouse was not ready in august but looked very near completion then, i can back up what a previous poster says about vera`s the food is fantastic and if you want something realy special ask for the vera special kebab ummmm my mouth is watering already. also they do a liver and honey starter not a combination i thought would work but wow. the food is fantastic the people lovely, i don`t know what else you can ask for after a hard day on the beach.
Just back from Lighthouse in Ortakent- will post a review in Hotel Reviews later.

With regard to the food and drink rules in the hotel- there are signs everywhere saying there is no food or drink allowed in the rooms (even stuff purchased from the hotel bars) but our rep told us that water was ok and if we wanted anything else just to try and be discreet about it.

It was annoying, to be honest. There was a fridge in each room- some people apparently had stuff "confiscated" from the fridge in their room- we never had that problem.
The maid passed comment about the rules on one ocassion when we had orange peel in our bin (which incidently was from the fruit basket left in our room on arrival) so there after for easyness we smuggled our rubbish out of the room and threw it away elsewhere (yes, really).

We never had our bags searched thankfully, though again there was rumours that this had happened to others. Hope this helps anyone who is going in future.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.