Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi Julie and welcome to HT!

We have used trains from Salou to Barcelona and in the Costa del Sol. We didn't have to validate them like you do in Italy.

Sorry I can't help with your other questions.

luci :wave
have a look on this thread re calella, which is only about 2 stops -on the same line- from s/s
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=759798&highlight=train+malgrat#759798
or try this one

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1044222&highlight=renfe#1044222

hope this helps.
  • Edited by jimd-f 2007-10-20 10:59:50
Iam sure the rep said you put your ticket in the red box to validate your ticket. This was travelling from santa susanna or malgrat.
travelling from resort to resort on the Costa Brava during August we had to put our tickets in the machines before we got on to the platforms , didn't go as far as Barcelona because of works being down on the tracks. So i would say yes your ticket is activated from your departure station when you put it in the machine to get on the platform .

Lynne .
The ticket should cost around 4 euros - 1 way for an adult - from the airport to santa susanna. Should be valid for whole journey. Change trains at Sants. At Sants you should change on to line 1 - destination on train should be either Blanes or Macenet and it's direct to there. As the rail works were finished by the time i was there at the end of september.
Hi

When we travelled from Flaca Station (near Pals) to Barcelona we had to validate our tickets. We had to put them through a machine located in the ticket office.

Jackie
Thank you all for the time you have taken to reply.

This is a first trip to Spain so we are not sure what to expect.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.