Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
thanks for the tips on the quading, glad to hear that a 12 year old can do this activity as my son was devastated. he does have is own quad bike which he ride every week on enduro tracks so we know the dangers, but saying that i would rather him come off in this country than a foreign one.
many thanks for your reply
Anyone know who runs the diving operation out of the CSR. Is boat or shore diving. If they have a boat does it go from Naama bay or the CSR.

Regards

Garry
:D
Gary Nutter,Aquarius is the resident dive school. Allan is the contact there, top man dead helpful.He'll answer any questions you might have. Im going in June and he has me already sorted.
sharm@aquarius-redsea.com is the email addy.Hope this helps.
to gary nutter

with reference to the dive school - when you have your welcome meeting with first choice in the irish bar then alan from the dive school will be there to do a small presentation - the boats go from naama bay and they do different sites each day - bear in mind that you will need a visa to dive ras mohammed etc - if you want to do local shore dives or tiran island you do not need a visa :roll: sounds complicated but its not. hope you get sorted - coral sea is a good hotel and the staff very helpful :fly
We have booked to travel to CSR at the end of August - while we are there it is my boyfriends birthday, can anyone suggest anything special which will be worth doing while we are there?
to lo lou

have you lost your imagination :shock: :love
he he nope..... :lol:

Just thought if people had done some trips that was worth doing etc, they could let me know
hi lou lou,

the garden reef snorkelling trip is amazing - so many colourful sites with the fish and the coral!! i thought it was an amazing experience. :D depends on what you would like to do - the cairo trip, etc is a v long trip from sharm - you could do it by air but its almost double the price. you can also go to petra - its done by air and it'll cost about £225 (thats with first choice). we priced it with local agents but it wasn't much cheaper.
Angelstar the coral reef garden sounds perfect - can you tell me how you book this etc? I take it, it is something you can do once your out there!
hi lou lou

the trip is called the garden reef trip and can be booked through the reps -i take it you're going with first choice group? its a full day trip - i think there is a choice of a couple of different days. it costs £26 per adult and includes transport, food, drinks and equipment hire (snorkel, mask, flippers and life jacket if required). you are away between 7am-4pm and there is three stops for snorkelling within the garden reef. the first two stops the guide takes you to the best sites but on the third stop you are given an hour to investigate on your own. it is well worth the money and something you'll never forget - especially if like me you had never snorkelled before, then this will get you hooked.... :D
We stayed at the Conrad which is just down the beach from the CSR.The beach overlooks Tiran Island which some days had 24 dive boats moored just off shore.I cant swim so never went out on a boat but picked up a leaflet in Naama bay at a tour company next to the duty free and Kahraman hotel called 911.All their trips were priced in $ so much better value than those priced in Euros.Snorekeling trips to Tiran island are $25 for a whole day with lunch and drinks included,and the same price for trips to Ras Mohammed for the day.How the tour operators can charge £25 for the same trips obviously shows how much commission the reps get.First choice even have a disclaimer in small print on the bottom of their list of trips!.We paid £29 to FC for a trip on the aquascope and picked up people from another hotel who had booked locally and only paid £16 each for the same trip!.Thats £26 less than we paid.I would use the local companies and book direct with them.
Do we need a visa for the garden reef snorkelling trip?
Hiya
The Conrad is in Sharm. Nabq is also in Sharm. I am not 100% sure of the exact location of CSR but Conrad is HERE. Maybe another member can post the location in relation to the above map.

MrsMac
Briar wrote:
Conrad is further out than I thought and towards Nabq Bay ?

Yeah the Conrad is a good 15/20 mins from the airport and 25/30 mins from Namma, depending on the driver and how many times they take you up and down the Peace Road :lol:

MrsMac
Briar wrote:
Thats the answer then I had moved the Conrad

Any chance you could move it a wee bit closer to me then? I'd love to visit there again.
I think I might get in to trouble for wandering :offtop but I think we passed on the info requested. Didnt we???

MrsMac
diane,
no visa required for the garden reef trip :D
Whilst at the Conrad I walked along the beach to the north and could see the CSR in the next bay.Some guests had walked to it from the Conrad.I will be back to either next November when web prices get as low as £699 for 2 for 2 weeks!
Thank you so much Anglestar - I am going with First Choice so will have to sneak off and book this! Thank you so much for this I know he will love it as he is real keen on snorkelling!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.